Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for Addition of Inquiry Portal Feature in Espo CRM

Dear Espo CRM Developer,

I am writing to request a new feature for Espo CRM that I believe would greatly benefit for all Espo users who utilize this CRM platform. Specifically, I would like to propose the addition of an inquiry portal that would allow customers to check the status of their tasks or entries using field validation.

It is important to note that this inquiry portal should not require customers to login using a username and password. Instead, customers should be able to check the status of their task or entry using some field validation such as their phone number or email address along with the task ID.

Furthermore, this inquiry portal should be customizable by Espo users, allowing us to set up the layout and validation fields according to our needs. It would be better if we could implement this feature in all entities and set up required settings according to the customer's needs. Users should be able to select their own custom validation fields, such as name, email, phone number, and more.

For customers, it would be great if they could select the first available entity name and then enter the required validation fields to check the status of their task or entry. This would allow for a more seamless and user-friendly experience for our customers.

Once validated, the customer could then access information and updates related to their task via the inquiry portal. The layout of this information would also be customizable by Espo admins, allowing us to display the information that is most relevant and useful to our customers. It would also be excellent if Espo admins could customize the host link to a custom domain such as inquiry.abc.com or any other preferred domain name.

I strongly believe that the addition of this inquiry portal would greatly enhance the user experience of Espo CRM, making it more user-friendly and accessible to our customers. Thank you for considering my request.

This is interesting and has my vote. I recently used this type of setup in a few ways. One is you can lookup and reprint a Walmart Receipt with just: date, amount, card type, last 4 digits of your card and Two I have a gift card that lets me type in the card # and the 3 digit code on the back and it lists all the amounts and stores.

I can do either of these w/o creating an account, logging in, etc.

I can see this for my current client, mentors/students could type in their EspoID and see their session schedule, info that is not sensitive but referenced often.

Comment

yuri lazovic victor rabii

Hello Espo CRM Community,

I hope this post finds you well. I recently submitted a feature request on the forum, proposing the addition of an inquiry portal to enhance user experience within Espo CRM. This portal would allow customers to effortlessly check the status of their tasks or entries, without requiring a login, by using validation fields like their phone number or email address alongside the task ID.

I'm eager to gather thoughts and feedback from both the Espo team and fellow community members. If you've had the chance to read my proposal, I'd greatly appreciate any insights you might have. Your perspective, suggestions, and potential concerns are all important as they can help shape the direction of this feature.

Additionally, if anyone has any updates from the Espo team or information about the feasibility of such a feature, please feel free to share. I believe that a collaborative approach will not only benefit me but also contribute to enhancing the overall Espo CRM experience.

Thank you all for your time and engagement. Looking forward to your thoughts!

Best regards,

Comment

• Kharg
        Kharg commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think it would be hard to create an extension for this.

HI,

I didn't have a chance to check as I'm very busy with work. We are quite tight on resources now. Such significant changes that concern access control unlikely to be implemented soon as they need a long way of meticulous design process before implementing.

I suggest implementing it with help of 3rd party developers, it would be quicker.
      Last edited by yuri; 08-16-2023, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X