Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to test out the outlook integration extension... not working so far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to test out the outlook integration extension... not working so far.

What it says on the tin. After IMAP has been disabled in o365, my company is kind of scrambling to get something back up and working to capture emails. The solution SEEMS to be the outlook integration, but I cant get it to work.

We don't want to just buy the integration if it's not going to work so I requested a demo and am trying to get it set up in the dev environment provided my espo. I have followed the instructions (here) Created the app registration and key in azure, updated the integration in espo(dev), and created a new personal email... this is what I get:

Code:
    Error 500
    Outlook Oauth: Error after requesting GET [URL]https://outlook.office365.com/api/v2.0/me/[/URL]; Reason: Access is denied. Check credentials and try again.. Code: 403.

Has anyone gotten this working? or is this error just because I'm in the dev/demo environment?

I should note, when I created the personal email account in espo and saved, it DID give me the outlook box with the connect option. clicking through that enduced the expected popup with login.microsoftonline.com and I was able to successfully log in. THAT'S when I got the error.
    Last edited by rudepeople; 10-26-2022, 03:08 PM. Reason: adding details

Same issue on my side.
    Running latest version of Espo (7.2.6) and the latest Outlook integration (1.2.9).

Cant get it running on Personal nor Shared mailbox.

Comment

Emilvb I have put together a little work around but it's not pretty. I built an iredmail mta in our colo (hyperv) and configured it with mail boxes for each of our sales team members. then I set transport rules in exchange to forward all mail to the mta. I had to set up 2 rules per user, one for inbound and one for outbound.

The biggest gotcha is dovecot has to be configured with insecure connections. NOT wise under any other circumstance, but once again espocrm falls short in that it doesn't support starttls.

Common espocrm devs, I understand you're dealing with a war and all (and I genuinely hope you're safe), but you've had 2 years (at minimum) to get these things working.

Something to consider, I have not yet figgured out how to clear the emails from the mail boxes on the MTA. Cant just delete on recv'd because espo needs time to log. Cant seem to find a scheduler to shuttle everything to trash based on age. It's low priority right now so I haven't spent a lot of time on it.
      Last edited by rudepeople; 10-27-2022, 06:21 PM. Reason: noting caveats

Comment

Originally posted by rudepeople View Post
        What it says on the tin. After IMAP has been disabled in o365, my company is kind of scrambling to get something back up and working to capture emails. The solution SEEMS to be the outlook integration, but I cant get it to work.

We don't want to just buy the integration if it's not going to work so I requested a demo and am trying to get it set up in the dev environment provided my espo. I have followed the instructions (here) Created the app registration and key in azure, updated the integration in espo(dev), and created a new personal email... this is what I get:

Code:
        Error 500
        Outlook Oauth: Error after requesting GET [URL]https://outlook.office365.com/api/v2.0/me/[/URL]; Reason: Access is denied. Check credentials and try again.. Code: 403.

Has anyone gotten this working? or is this error just because I'm in the dev/demo environment?

I should note, when I created the personal email account in espo and saved, it DID give me the outlook box with the connect option. clicking through that enduced the expected popup with login.microsoftonline.com and I was able to successfully log in. THAT'S when I got the error.
        means you are just missing some configuration, i had same problem still have not fixed it all but for IMAP it is working make sure to use SSL not TLS and it should work.

Comment

Originally posted by rabii View Post
          means you are just missing some configuration
          I am aware of that... but what? In azureAD? in espo?

Originally posted by rabii View Post
          but for IMAP it is working make sure to use SSL not TLS and it should work.
          Are you referring to IMAP with o365? or IMAP with another MTA? because I own another MTA and I had to turn off starttls to get espo to work with it. Email providers are slowly abandoning the old authentication stacks in favor of starttls or oauth. espo needs to implement these authentication methods soon or people might be forced to migrate. Not every customer can afford a private MTA like I can. Most that can afford a second MTA, wouldn't bother. For them it's a cost/benefit calculation. Which is easier to migrate away from? Microsoft? or EspoCRM?

Comment

• rabii
            rabii commented
            Editing a comment
            I am talking about the IMAP and SMTP set up on espocrm. i had same issue like you but mine was sorted by using SSL connection on both.

@rabii: I believe I know what you're talking about, I have the account set for SSL. I'm getting the error when I try connecting outlook.

Comment

i am now facing same issue but i guess my situation is that i am trying to set up an email inbox for another admin user in the system. this didn't work and produced an error access denied code 403. not sure why this not working having already used the extension for my own user session and was successfully able to to set it up. still talking to the support team to see how to resolve this.

if anyone here sorted it out please share how you did it.

thanks

Comment

Hi,
              1) have you in o365 "Security Default" enabled ? if yes, i have not found solution then i disable it, and enable in Azure "Per User 2FA". (all our user have 2FA enable)
              2) create as espoCRM documentation how configure Outlook extention.
              3) i use only my tenant as setting and put value of 24 month for validity
              4) don't forget to grand access to all api.
              5) wait somes minutes and then connect your espocrm to o365

in espocrm admin, site url must begin : https://
              our espocrm is unreachable over internet

i have do this this week because a working outlook don't work since wendsday

I think, microsoft have changed somethink, so you need create a new app registration if old don't work.

Comment

Code:
                Error 500

i had the same issue for other admin role users in the CRM however this was sorted as i had to first go to each user's External Accounts -> Outlook then i have to configured their sync with outlook calendar and contact and connect it and after that i went to their email inbox and connect and it works. you should consider doing this by order first to each's user's profile then access their External Accounts -> Outlook and just enable it, configure it and connect and after that go to their email address and connect it.

hope this helps.

Comment

The "solution" for me was to switch the Tenant from Organizations, to common, did a sync again (what failed), switched back to Organizations and it passed.

Probably i was to quick after the setup in Azure, but it worked for me.

Thanks for your support.

Comment

Same here. Needed to connect my personal account to outlook.
                    After this i can connect the group mail account.

Comment

Now sending mails from group account does not work. Error 500. It says auth error in log. But password is working.
                      Urgent and annoying. We cannot work with Espo, everything is running via Outlook and its complete Chaos.

Comment

• rabii
                        rabii commented
                        Editing a comment
                        even if you try to configure a group email account remember that you still need to allow such connection from the user profile. once you set the group account you need to have that group set up on your outlook as well and then you can go to your profile under External accounts you can allow for connection to be established and activate that account. https://docs.espocrm.com/extensions/...g-up-for-users

@JayBee4pl​,

Please create your own topic with an actual problem at the moment. In it, describe in detail what is working, what is not, and what is working, but not as you would like. Of course, also specify the version of EspoCRM and Outlook Integration extension, add screenshots and logs of your errors.
                      In general, describe your problems in as much detail as possible and I'm sure the community (and myself) can help you.​

Comment

Code:
                        Error 500

you need to set up this step before connecting through the personal email account https://docs.espocrm.com/extensions/...g-up-for-users
                        that is how i got it to work.

Comment

For anyone running into a similar issue...

My fix was to follow this post on microsoft forms:

Hello, i am developing an app, nodejs, and running into http 403 when calling the https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/security/alerts endpoint. I have assigned..

by Edward Koval

Try typing
                          Code:
                          https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/adminconsent?client_id={YOUR-APP-ID}
                          into your browser window to prompt the admin consent for your application again. For more details refer to Permissions and consent in the Azure Active Directory v2.0 endpoint.

Comment

Working...
                          X