Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deactivating the Autofill function in new emails

Hello to all.

When an email is sent (newly created), the sender field is automatically filled with the user's personal email. You can then select another email from the list.

Is it possible to deactivate the autofill function? I mean that no email is selected by default and the user always has to select an email address?

Alternatively, if this is not possible, that the group email account is selected first and the personal email account has to be selected manually, if desired?

The background is that we always send our emails from the group email account by default. Only internal emails are sent from the personal account.​

Thanks again for all your help.

You can follow the instructions here and unshift the email address

Is there a way to force a user to send from a group email account and restrict them from sending from their own account? I'm trying to provision my instance so that when a user goes to send an email they can only send from a group account that is monitored by the CRM for email import. This way no emails are sent directly to

Comment

Kharg: Thanks for your reply. I already tried this before, but it doesn't work. Seems that there was a change in this file since 2018, because the code line before which you are supposed to insert a line no longer exists.

Comment

I used this successfully in Espo 7.3.4, I will try it again and get back to you

Comment

This works

views/email/fields/compose-from-address.js

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	103
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	96518

Comment

Thank you Kharg
            it's working now.

Comment

Hello @all.

unfortunately since the upgrade to 8.0 this here ist not working anymore. Which means again the personal email address is preselected when send an email. Any idea to solve it to be like before?

Comment

• rabii
                rabii commented
                Editing a comment
                Of course because first solution was not upgrade safe, in order to make it upgrade safe just create a custom view for the field (compose-from-address.js) add your custom code and make sure you add it to the email entityDefs and that should be upgrade safe.
            Working...
            X