Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager follow everything

Hi,

If a manager role would like to follow everything whats happening, how can I achieve this? I would say you'll need to follow every account. Is that correct? This doesn't seem possible though, I can bulk unfollow but not bulk follow every account. Can someone please help me?

Hi,
    each user can auto-follow all entity. it's User Preferences, not by Teams.

if you will by teams (i think not possible in setting, config.. in teams or role !? ), this can be easy by code and common hooks :

beforeSave and entity is New then subscribe (follow).

just click "Auto-follow created records​" and user will follow all created record
    Last edited by item; 08-01-2023, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Yes I am aware of that but I want that a new user is kept up to date of all activities even if accounts were created before the user was created. How can I bulk follow every account?

Comment

easy way is to do a mass action follow to all selected accounts, you can log into the manager session or ask them to go to the accounts select all and then from action choose follow. see screenshot.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rabii View Post
          easy way is to do a mass action follow to all selected accounts, you can log into the manager session or ask them to go to the accounts select all and then from action choose follow. see screenshot.
          Yes, that works for all the VISIBLE accounts but as soon as I check the checkbox for ALL accounts, this option disappears...

Comment

you will need to add this action to your entity, in custom\Resources\metadata\clientsDefs\Account.js you need to add code below:

PHP Code:
            "checkAllResultMassActionList": [

"__APPEND__",

"follow"

]​ 

However in order for this to work you will also need update the record\List.js https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...78C40-L2178C40 you need to add true to the function as below :
            PHP Code:
            this.addMassAction('follow'true); 

I have created a request to fix this and hopefully it will be fixed unless it is made by design choice.

if you did the above steps make sure you rebuild and clear the cache and it should work.

1 - After a chat with Yuri this was done by design hence follow action is not controlled by mass-update roles so a user can load a lot of requests on the server using this.

PLEASE DONT USET THIS CODE AS IT COULD CAUSE YOU PROBLEM WITH YOUR INSTANCE.
            Last edited by rabii; 08-02-2023, 02:08 PM.

Comment

rfrancocantero

1. Create a Report that includes absolutely all accounts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	0 Size:	36.7 KB ID:	96103

2. Create Workflows with Trigger Type Scheduled and select Report from point 1 in it. In Actions select Make Followed -> What to follow ->Target Entity -> Who make to follow -> Specified users -> Your_User_Name.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	0 Size:	44.7 KB ID:	96104

3. After the Workflow is finished, uncheck the Active option or delete the Workflow.

Comment

Working...
              X