Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• espcrm
    commented on 's reply
    It weird how meeting doesn't have a "Location" field, usually meeting must have one. I decide to add in the Address & Map field in my Meeting entity.

Next I'm thinking of linking the relationship to the Property. That way I can have information on the Location as well. Finally I'm thinking of using a formula to Copy/Paste the Property's address into the Address(Map) if it left blank so it will save me the trouble of double entry.

However, starting out I think it best to just link the Property field to the Meeting as I have more time to customize.

• blueprint
    replied
    Originally posted by telecastg View Post
    In my experience, Espo is far more than just a great CRM plarform, the front-end, back-end, metadata integration and the Administration module make it a perfect "application generator" for many possible applications.
    Wholeheartedly agree, EspoCRM has been a fantastic tool for our business and is now a core part of our operations. We're nearly at a stage (thanks to the customisation capabilities) where EspoCRM is responsible for every aspect of the business - from initial quotes right through to dispatch of products and after-sale support.

If I could add anything it would be the desire to see more front-end and back-end developer examples and support - especially in the Developer Forum where there are a lot of genuine developer questions that just seem to get ignored.

Leave a comment:

• telecastg
    replied
    Not sure if anyone is interested but I found this PHP package for Inventory Management with Bar Code scanning that could possible be integrated with EspoCRM. I don't need inventory management in our application but others might want to give it a try.

phpclasses.org ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf phpclasses.org alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

In my experience, Espo is far more than just a great CRM plarform, the front-end, back-end, metadata integration and the Administration module make it a perfect "application generator" for many possible applications.

Leave a comment:

• espcrm
    commented on 's reply
    Today I cheat my auto-number enum field by temporary resetting the number and changing it back again.

Before using EspoCRM I already allocate numbers to each client. Starting with EspoCRM I didn't want to import right away as it will leave empty data.

But there was a few Contact I would like to add them to EspoCRM but if I them they will be assigned the current Next Number. What is my solution?

1. Go into Admin > Entity Manager > Contact - Field > Enum
    2. Edit the field. Copy the current next number, paste it somewhere if you dont want to accidentally lost it. Change the "next" number to the number I want (it should be unique)
    3. Go create the contact. This contact will get the Number
    4. Go back to step one. Edit the field. Paste that previously copy number. Save.

• espcrm
    commented on 's reply
    Testing the email system I decide to add my Personal email and fetch about 2 months of email. Now that I'm happy with the result I decide to fetch for 1 year timeframe (and eventually since the beginning). However it seem like I can't just change the Fetch date? It doesn't fetch older email.

Is it a bug? Or do I need to wait longer as it is still download/CRON/jobs/fetching? Do I need to remove the email, add it back again and this time have a higher fetch "Since" date? What will the issue be if I do that? Duplication of email and relationship linking?

• espcrm
    replied
    PART 2 of Learning EspoCRM

This post is obsoleted; please see: https://github.com/o-data/EspoCRM-Le...nd-Design/wiki
    Last edited by espcrm; 10-21-2020, 02:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tothewine
    commented on 's reply
    this is what I talk about internet keys: https://etherarp.net/building-a-sms-...wei-usb-modem/ and this is android commands that can be run from pc or from the device itself: https://stackoverflow.com/a/30224091/3389585 have good reads

• espcrm
    commented on 's reply
    It look like you can easily link to a Parent field. Only issue I have at the moment is it can only link to One parent.

Should I design my EspoCRM to be able to link to multiple "parent" or relationship? Is it a bad idea? Or can we convert that Parent field to "Link Multiple"?

• espcrm
    replied
    This post will talk about Formula.

I recently learnt how to use Formula, currently it is still the very basic that I'm learning, however it is my first "guide", poorly taken screenshot and I think the written version should be detail enough to follow.

Please see this thread/post: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/deve...5043#post55043

This post will talk about Search

The Search is awesome! Recently learnt about Full-text search (see first topic) and been using it. I think Email is best to not be included in Global search because at some point all your see is email result.

Issue I'm currently having trouble is. "Filter" Global Search result. Yes I can just go into contact and search for Contact only but then I have to change my current view. Is there a search filter parameter that I'm not aware of in Global Search?

For example: contact: john smith
    It should show only contact result or search only in contact.

---
    Old post above;

New edited and update Post below.
    ----

PART 3 of Learning EspoCRM

This post is obsoleted; please see: https://github.com/o-data/EspoCRM-Le...nd-Design/wiki
    Last edited by espcrm; 10-21-2020, 02:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• espcrm
    replied
    This post will talk about Emails

I'm starting to use the email system. It seem quite difficult to link an email to extra Contact or Account. All email seem to automated link to one if the email matched.

More importantly is the "From Email" or which email use to be send out. Currently I'm seeing a single option, does it mean that I can't send out email from another name?

For example, I can only set it up to be send from:

info@espocrm.com

But I will also need:
    example@espocrm.com
    john@espocrm.com
    smith@help.com <--- different domain.

This may cause an issue for me to use the build in email system. How do you guys use your email?
    Last edited by espcrm; 01-22-2020, 05:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• espcrm
    commented on 's reply
    This post could possible help you: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/deve...4970#post54970

That great to hear. It a pity that the auto-number system is static and cannot be edit through the Interface (GUI UI)

--- Irrelevant comments below:
    I have some old data that I already assigned numbers, so I started from the newest number, however as some of these data I need to start linking so I just create new Data. So once day I will eventually have duplicate data until I fix it manually.

For example: ABC001 ABC002 ABC003 was my serial before EspoCRM. When I start using my EspoCRM I started at ABC004.

However I need to link data ABC002 so I just create new data, now on EspoCRM it will be ABC005, but it true number should be ABC002.

• blueprint
    replied
    Originally posted by espcrm View Post
    How has everyone adding mass data? Import?
    I'm going to be investigating this area soon as we are looking at using EspoCRM to track our product serial numbering.

Often, we allocate batches of serial numbers at a time for a given product therefore we are going to need the ability to generate "X" amount of new records with a unique (auto-generated sequential) number.

As soon as I've got something in place, I'll post back.

Leave a comment:

• espcrm
    commented on 's reply
    Recently I report "bug" for the very first time for EspoCRM. Apparently it is not a bug! There isn't a standard format or template to report bug from the look of it so I used other CRM template.

See this thread: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/bug-...-word-of-field

The topic was close so I couldn't write more there. It a weird design choice but as long as it work it is fine. I read through the documents and got it working as intent.

I suppose in the future once the data get big, the weakness of enabling the Full Text Search will be shown as it get slow down.

• espcrm
    replied
    This post will talk about Entity & Design

I just recently create a new "module" or "entity" using Base Plus. It just the bare basic as I couldn't find any other relevant entity that can be use.

It basically call "Voucher" or "Coupon", using the Auto-number Increment a serial key is generated for voucher so we can eventually link the voucher to a customer. The issue I'm currently facing is Bulk adding, there doesn't seem to be anyway to bulk add (pretty much module), unless the feature is quite hidden and I just don't see it.

There is the Import function hidden in Admin setting but that mean I have to use Excel or Notepad to add the entry, save the document and import it, set up the field and finally get a result.

Currently I'm using "Duplicate" but not all field get duplicated, for example the "Contact" field doesn't and I can't Mass Edit the field in either. It OK to use duplicate when it only a few voucher but once it get to a certain numbers it quite tedious.

How has everyone adding mass data? Import?

PS: My Import function also showing a 403 error like when I install extensions, this is going to be a problem.

---

Official EspoCRM Tips and Guide Tutorial
    Last edited by espcrm; 08-31-2020, 07:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Charlotte
    replied
    Extraordinary thought! It could be the initial move towards a legitimate designer manual if undocumented things get reported.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X