Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• espcrm
    commented on 's reply
    That look good too. I like how this one you can do it through localhost as well. Quickly reviewing the comments I see another issue that was mention:
    "Cons: does not allow https", which is not good but acceptable since our Wi-Fi is restrict to staff only but sometime we allow guest on it (we really should create a separate Guest WiFi). However, if people were to sniff the data while it being transfer from my barcode scanner (phone in this case) to our server (local or internet)...

But it not just Product that can be barcode, previously I used Microsoft Words to generate QR code (with vCard Capability & Protocol format), we stopped doing that because Mailmerge with Word was too much of a hassle.

In the future I am the ultimate goal is to plan to use Barcode for Documents and not just Product.
    An example of idea:

> Workflow > Prefill Task/Documents name / Assigned User / Department / Folder / Link Contact & Account / etc...

Using a barcode reader I would prefer not to, another Hardware that we won't take care of. Tools preferbly would just be a mobile phone for portability (possible a Tablet for bigger screen but function the same as a Phone).

---

Decide to read a bit further on quaggaJS and it look like it ported from Zxing (I guess he is famous for his barcode library?). Last change log is in 2017 though, which may mean that the project is either dead or there is nothing else to add: Barcode has reached it peak(?)
    Last edited by espcrm; 01-31-2020, 01:32 AM.

• espcrm
    commented on 's reply
    EspoCRM email relationship linking is super fast. Initially I thought you need to wait for the Workflow/CRON execution to be complete before email is linked.

However right after I add an email to an Contact, all much with that email is instantly linked to the Contact and I can view the list of email from them. It is amazingly discovery in term of the email system!

I still have trouble with the fetching though, see Comments https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...5116#post55116

I decided to go ahead and just remove the email, add back the personal email. This time I fetch well beyond the require date (first email in 2016), I fetch all the way from 2000 (I assume that it will only start fetching from 2016 and not waste time trying to find email beyond then).

• tothewine
    commented on 's reply
    I found this but some of the reviews mention camera rotation glitches and lack of https support. I havn't tested since we don't use barcodes for now.. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....free&hl=en_US

I'm pretty sure that with modern js apis a barcode reader could be made inside espo directly :P

Edit: indeed here it is one js library: https://serratus.github.io/quaggaJS/
    Last edited by tothewine; 01-30-2020, 10:09 PM.

• tothewine
    replied
    This thread is about entity transfer between EspoCRM instances
    The main show stopper is how to keep all relations when importing manually with php

Leave a comment:

• espcrm
    commented on 's reply
    Really couldn't find any information on adding more "From" email or multiple outgoing. I have finally figured out how to do it.

Basically you need to go into the User page (your account/login) and add the email you to use, then refresh the browser or website, then your email list should allow you to send any email you need.

• tothewine
    commented on 's reply
    We could actually improve the documentation wiki on github...

• tothewine
    commented on 's reply
    This always bugged me... how do we make two autoloaders coexist? If we edit the composer file then update hell is unleashed since the autoloader would be overwritten.

• blueprint
    commented on 's reply
    Fully understand about the developers just not having time to deal with all the development questions; EspoCRM is a large project and to keep improving and bug-fixing must take up a lot of time.

It did appear that there was a resource allocated to deal with developer questions (Tanya) but she seems to be long-gone now and not really replaced - which is exactly why we need people to post solutions to their questions should they have found them. I guess the issue with this is: how do we make the questions and their answers more accessible? How will people know where to find the answers? My thoughts were to create a more comprehensive developer area (like maybe a GitHub repo specifically for random customisation examples) but I'm not really sure how this would work.

I'll hold my hand up and admit that there are a few of my posts which I need to update with answers - as soon as I get a spare 30 minutes, I'll do just that.

• blueprint
    commented on 's reply
    My though was that if somebody was interested he/she could look into integrating the inventory management with barcode scanning ability with Espo.
    I'm on with barcode scanning at the moment. Its pretty straightforward as the scanners just insert text into an input field. I'm considering releasing our Inventory Management package as an free extension but I'd need to make it a bit more "user friendly" first

• espcrm
    replied
    This Post talk about ID Scanner and Automated Data Entry/Upload.

One of the biggest thing that I always wanted to to save time on is Data Entry basic data. I see a few services that is able to do it automatically but to get into the system you need to sign up for demo, get license key, buy hardware, huge upfront cost, etc, etc.

Over the year sometime I would just start looking for an Android app, a desktop software or anything is make it easier. Trying hours of research and download, email, I still haven't found an all-in-time compliment to EspoCRM (or any type of CRM).

Today I decide to try again expecting another fruitless research but has found one that I considered interesting. This Android app is call MRZ Scanner, a free app (and also got a Pro version which I'm not sure what the difference is). MRZ scanner is a Passport scanner using the "barcode" print on the bottom of the passport. That how Airport terminal read passport quickly.

What is so special about this App? it got a "POST/GET" feature, personally I never delved into using Post/Get yet, but I (albeit only on the surface) know what it purpose is for.

Perhaps starting out I just learn how to Post/Get these information to my website. Then eventually find out how to send a API call to EspoCRM, then eventually Create Data from that API call, then finally Check for Update/Duplicate before Create Data.

Aside from that it also got other feature such as export to CSV, PDF, JSON and it also got History and ability to edit live, most of which is very lacking in other app (unless you paid for some license, log in their website and data is upload onto their website).

The weakness in this app is, it can only read MZR (Passport), it can do OCR such as Driver License, etc. For that I'm currently using another App call BlinkID. This one is really fast for what it does, it support many type of ID and documents (awesome). It also got a Github page which if you are technical enough you can use it as a library and don't need to rely on BlinkID themselves.

---

So do you use some sort of ID Scanner? Or is everything manual for you? Would you like this type of function (integrated within EspoCRM or as Extension)?

Leave a comment:

• espcrm
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, I decide to give it a try. Unfortunately got an error on installation of it. Could it be that I need Composer?

I understand, it just that unless it is integrated it just be double logging and entry. My thought is the same, hopefully I see a separated thread or a pull request allowing the two system to integrate.

But I want to test it first to see if capability, otherwise we might have another PDF Template weakness by investing everything in this Barcode system.

• telecastg
    commented on 's reply
    I completely agree, judging by the quality of the existing platform and the fast pace of improvement, the developers must be incredibly busy, understanding that this is a mostly free open source platform, it is incumbent upon those of us who benefit from Espo to make this forum a useful and valuable source of information to complement and enhance the existing documentation.

It's a shame that the developer forum has so many unanswered questions which would make you think that those asking never found an answer and simply abandoned Espo.

However, when you see some of the same participants, who have several unanswered queries, ask a bunch of new questions, it makes me think that they actually found a solution to their questions but just didn't take time to share the solution.

I would encourage everyone to always share when they find a solution to any questions, so this forum can properly be a FAQ knowledge database
    Last edited by telecastg; 01-24-2020, 06:57 AM.

• telecastg
    commented on 's reply
    The package described is a free PHP code package not related to Espo's Invoice/Sale pack. My though was that if somebody was interested he/she could look into integrating the inventory management with barcode scanning ability with Espo.

• espcrm
    commented on 's reply
    Haven't really investigate in the team, but I only see one Developer that is maintaining the project, that is a lot of work and a huge backlog of feature, function and bug they want to fix, add but never have the time to.

Only way I can help at the moment is to do what I can do, test, documents, make forum alive. Still don't know how to make more people use it, the more alive it is, the more it may attract developer and user. I don't plan to be in the EspoCRM admin business. However from my pass experience, getting people to add it to CRM list or review does help. That how I know about other CRM like Vtiger, Sugar, Suite, Dolibar, Yetiforce, etc, etc.

I was with Yetiforce for quite long but it requirement in server was a bit too much for my Shared hosting to allow. EspoCRM have the function that in Yetiforce would require me to have "Phone 1" "Phone 2" "Email 1" "Email 2" field, rather than the +1 button in EspoCRM, which I haven't found any (open source/free) CRM that does that.

That not to say EspoCRM reach the stage of perfection (or whichever word you prefer to use). There is quite a few quirk that make it difficult.

• espcrm
    commented on 's reply
    That awesome. But it need to have the Invoice/Sale pack for it to properly function doesn't it. Secondly if you want the source code you have to buy it? So we can't just develop it to integrate with EspoCRM.

Currently all services we provide is services and not product. However we do want to eventually be able to scan our "Gift" and "Voucher" stock and Who received it.

Currently I'm only scanning product that have a barcode using an Android app (Barcode Scanner by ZXing). It is free, fast and read lots of barcode. The most important feature was the "export" and "scan continuous" feature.

What I'm doing is, scan the barcode with the App, Export the history to my phone, transfer the CSV (null) file to my PC, open it in Excel or Notepad++, edit the necessary name and finally import it into my VoucherGift entity. Quite a few step to get to as you can see.
Working...
X