What will the huge update be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will the huge update be?

The email announcement said a huge update is coming soon. Does anyone have any ideas? I already poked around in the repo, but there are no visible commits for 9.0.0. Sneaky. I can’t take the anticipation.
    Last edited by bandtank; 08-30-2024, 12:41 PM.

Yes, received mail .. waiting with 2 big eyes
    No idea .. but as always suprised with

Comment

Uhm I suppose something about AI integration? A new extension?

One of the vacancies in the website is for an AI Engineer so I bet it’s something related to that:

Our company is in search of a well-versed, talented Artificial Intelligence Software Engineer, who specializes in creating and employing artificial intelligence (AI) technologies. In this role, you will be working independently on building and deploying AI software components from scratch.
      Last edited by Kharg; 08-30-2024, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• bandtank
        bandtank commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure if the open positions are updated, or maybe they just aren't interested in me. I applied to the PHP developer position because I love working with Espo, but I have not received a response. I guess we'll see if that is the next big thing soon enough.

• Kharg
        Kharg commented
        Editing a comment
        bandtank I guess they are looking for someone based in Ukraine as the offer doesn’t talk about remote work

• bandtank
        bandtank commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a good point. I assumed because the $ was used that it was USD, but clearly that is not a good assumption. Thanks for the reality check.

No big updates in EspoCRM is planned except v8.4 the next week. We plan to release a new extension soon though.

Comment

• Kharg
        Kharg commented
        Editing a comment
        So is this email referring to v8.4 or to the new extension? 👀

you guys are more curious than my kids at an age of three. Can`t await for Santa Claus to come.....

Comment

After thinking about it I think I’ve found what’s the huge update: The Project Management extension​, as it was planned to be released this year

Comment

• bandtank
          bandtank commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh man, I hope that is it. I really need something like that.

• esforim
          esforim commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmm we not big enough to do PM so I guess this will be a missed feature for us.

• rabii
          rabii commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah i think this is the new extension, as i remember yuri mentioned in one post that they will work on this extension this year. At first i thought it will be an extension to add some intelligence to espocrm using their own learning algorithm. Anyway this is September we will find out soon

What email? Can you share.

One Pull Request I see was a v2 PHPSpreadsheet, so that might be coming for Spreadsheet support.

Comment

esforim this is the email that was sent:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	109772
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X