Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple Assigned Users not working as of 8.2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Assigned Users not working as of 8.2?

EDIT & UPDATE: It is a bug. It is fixable, see solution below.

v. 8.2.2

Hi guys,

With Multiple Assigned Users, does this still work?

I tried creating it but it doesn't seem to be, I'm guessing it because it auto add the "c" prefix in the name field and this might have ruin this feature? Does anyone know?

Thank, I tried assigning user, but their avatar is not showing so it not working. I log in as another user but it is not working.

I tried to create a new field to remove the "c" this time, so it might work? But nope! It automatic add the "c" and show it exist.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	44.9 KB ID:	106369
    Last edited by espcrm; 05-23-2024, 04:32 AM.

Hi espcrm,

I tested the identical scenario. In my case, everything works as it should on EspoCRM 8.2.2/8.2.4. Try to use other field names.
    Last edited by Vadym; 05-21-2024, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadym View Post
      Hi espcrm,

I tested the identical scenario. In my case, everything works as it should on EspoCRM 8.2.2/8.2.4. Try to use other field names.
      Hi Vadym,

Can you share some of the working scenario with screenshot or something? I have feeling that you may have not understood.

Comment

Just tried on the Demo:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	34.0 KB ID:	106427
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	32.0 KB ID:	106428

Yeah I think we can confirm it... does not work because of some reason or the "c"
        As you can see there is no avatar.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	7.9 KB ID:	106429

Here is an older version (v8?) without the "c" prefix, AssignedUsers - where I have done this before and it working fine. As you can see it is working (avatar can be shown)!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	9.3 KB ID:	106430
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	7.1 KB ID:	106431
        Last edited by espcrm; 05-22-2024, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Hi yuri

I think I found a bug with multipleUsers but I'm uncertain as I could be doing it wrong? Demo version I 'reproduce" seem to shown that it is a bug.

To reproduce:

1. Go to Admin setting > Entity Manager > relationship > Create Relation as per https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...ssigned-users/
          2. Add this field to Layout and try to use it.
          3. It certain does link to Users but it doesn't actually function as an Assigned User (no avatar)
          4. I'm guessing it due to the "c" prefix for custom field that was added to v8.2

Comment

Just set customPrefixDisabled to true in settings and you will be able to create the field without adding “c”.

I think that a possible fix may be to have this link created automatically for every entity and then the administrator choose wether to use it or not.

also the same thing will probably happen with the “Location” field in the Google Integration, as you have to create that manually as well.
            Last edited by Kharg; 05-22-2024, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• espcrm
              espcrm commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank Mini Boss Kharg, I will give this a try!

Reporting back! I can confirm it is now working (at least it showing avatar), will need to test it on other user's account to see if it function as intended.

If anyone want to do this 'hotfix' do what Kharg advised.

Here is an details step:
            1. Open File Manager or whatever you use (SSH?)
            2. Open where you install EspoCRM
            3. Go to file: app/data/config.php
            4. Scroll to the very bottom, change customPrefixed to true
            5. Create your multipleAssignedUsers
            6. Now you can use it. You can go back and disable it or keep it as is setting. I recommend disable incase v8.3+ have conflict.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	53
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	106496

Comment

Working...
            X