Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "secret" on how we use our EspoCrm

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share a solution that I haven't seen discussed before.

Many of us encounter the inconvenience of recalculating custom formulas by making minor edits and resaving records. However, I've discovered a simple "hack" to address this issue.
    1. Download the free extension called "Espo Plus" by Eblasoft, eymen-elkum (https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/exte...sion-espo-plus)
    2. Within any entity, create an enum type field named "Update" (or any other suitable name). Add an option named "Update" and select it as the default option. Choose a color for clarity, then scroll down and enable both options provided by the Espo Plus extension: "Show As Button Group" and "Display always as buttons". Save your settings.
    3. Finally, in the layout of the same entity, position the "Update" field wherever you prefer. I recommend placing it prominently, such as at the top of the Side Panel Fields.

After rebuilding and refreshing, you'll witness the magic: you can now recalculate or update records directly from the detail view without having to click on "Edit".

I hope this proves helpful to others as well.

Or you can also make a custom button using the advanced pack that will change a hidden field, that works as well

Comment

Originally posted by Athensmusic View Post
      Hello everyone,

I wanted to share a solution that I haven't seen discussed before.

Many of us encounter the inconvenience of recalculating custom formulas by making minor edits and resaving records. However, I've discovered a simple "hack" to address this issue.
      1. Download the free extension called "Espo Plus" by Eblasoft, eymen-elkum (https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/exte...sion-espo-plus)
      2. Within any entity, create an enum type field named "Update" (or any other suitable name). Add an option named "Update" and select it as the default option. Choose a color for clarity, then scroll down and enable both options provided by the Espo Plus extension: "Show As Button Group" and "Display always as buttons". Save your settings.
      3. Finally, in the layout of the same entity, position the "Update" field wherever you prefer. I recommend placing it prominently, such as at the top of the Side Panel Fields.

After rebuilding and refreshing, you'll witness the magic: you can now recalculate or update records directly from the detail view without having to click on "Edit".

I hope this proves helpful to others as well.
      That should not do anything at all. Not sure what you experienced but i am 100 % sure that this won't recalculate any formula or anything. Just doesn't work like that, the extension allow you have a custom enum field nothing else.

EDIT: i see what you mean, formula that will be triggered on change of the enum, still you need inlineEdit to do it.

Comment

• shalmaxb
        shalmaxb commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi rabii, with the updated version named Enum Plus, you dont need inlineEdit. I use it often as a button to trigger formulas. You know, I am not that great in coding.

EspoPlus is partly depracted and can cause errors in the more recent versions of espoCRM. It had been substituted with Enum Plus, also from Eymen Elkum. Slightly different features.

Comment

It's been working flawlessly for years without a single glitch, and I find it even more convenient than a custom button due to its placement (almost seamless and without annoying confirmation pop-up). Additionally, it is functional for free users without the need for the advanced extension. I'm specifically referring to this particular use; I can't speak for any other functionalities of the extension.

Anyway, if anyone finds it useful, that's great. If not, feel free to overlook it.

Comment

• shalmaxb
          shalmaxb commented
          Editing a comment
          My post was not meaent to discard. I use the same tecnique long time already. I only wanted to warn, that at a certain point it could cause problems to use extensions, which are no longer supported. As happened in my App.

That extension is not free anymore or doesn't support v8 if I remember correctly. The group button was one of my favorite feature.

Comment

• eymen-elkum
          eymen-elkum commented
          Editing a comment
          It is still free, but not compatible with Espo > 8

I I mentioned bellow, the name of the extension was not correct from the beginning, anyway Enum plus have the same function and has regular updates

Hello everyone,

Thank you Athensmusic for your feedback, I am so happy to see Espo Plus helped espocrm users

Sorry for the late comment because email notifications no more working from the forum.

Espo Plus unfortunately had an issue with its name, Yuri told me that we have to not use Espo word on our modules,

The second issue was that Espo Plus included different features what made it hard to explain for users clearly.

We had developed many important functions for Enum fields so we decided to include them all on a new extension named Enum Plus

Here is the product page on our store:

Espocrm, Espocrm Enum Plus, unlimited colors styles for enum fields, ability to show enums as buttons and more ...

I have just made a discount on it
        CEO & Founder of Eblasoft.
        Professional EspoCRM development & extensions.

Comment

• shalmaxb
          shalmaxb commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Eymen, in EspoPlus there was that Mass Email function. Will it come back somehow? It is tedious to send any group of emails always as campaign.
          I see, it already exists in Email Plus.
          Last edited by shalmaxb; 04-02-2024, 05:52 PM.
      Working...
      X