Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From - Compose Email

Hi guys,

Please let me know if there is a chance to have a custom name for the EspoCRM outgoing emails instead of the full name of the username used to send the mail.

I'm asking because we want to have custom names instead of having a First Last name format. We like to have something like "Alex from Airbytes" (it is more catchy for the one who's getting the email)

I tried in Administration > Personal Email Accounts to add a custom name for the particular SMTP email account but it isn't working, and the EspoCRM is taking the logged username First & Last name format.

Click image for larger version

Name:	espocrm-email2.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	103669

thanks,
    Alex

Have you tried to provide a name on the email account. That should do the job.

Comment

I had already mentioned this once before.
      This only works with group mail accounts

Hello all, Is it possible to change the sender name of a mail to the name of the mail account? Currently, the first name and last name of the EspoCRM account is always used. In the settings of the personal email account (#EmailAccount/view/) you can enter the name of the account. We don't want the recipient to see the full
      Last edited by ChrisSka83; 03-13-2024, 11:55 AM.

Comment

You can customise this if you want to use the name on the personal email account if one provided. You have to add code to do this, this is not upgrade safe (if you want upgrade safe you will need to use binding).

Add the code below in the method getSmtpParams() under Application\Espo\Core\Mail\Account\PersonalAccount \Account.php before the code line ( $handlerClassName = $this->entity->getSmtpHandlerClassName(); )

PHP Code:
        if ($this->entity->get('name')) {

$smtpParams $smtpParams->withFromName($this->entity->get('name'));
        }
        ​ 

As mentioned this is not upgrade safe, if you want an upgrade safe you need to use binding.

Comment

Working...
        X