Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change sender name from Mail

Hello all,

Is it possible to change the sender name of a mail to the name of the mail account?
    Currently, the first name and last name of the EspoCRM account is always used.
    In the settings of the personal email account
    (#EmailAccount/view/) you can enter the name of the account.

We don't want the recipient to see the full name, because it can cause confusion. We want it to be more like "Chris from the .... Team"
    Or "First name from company name"
    This way the recipient can understand what it means.

I have already searched the forum, but unfortunately found nothing useful.
    I rather think that I have to change something somewhere in the files. But I don't really know where to look.

Maybe someone here can help a little further.

Thank you very much.​

Hi ChrisSka83,

When sending emails from a Personal Email Account, the recipient will see the sender Name of the User who sent the email (screenshots 1 and 2).

While in the EspoCRM UI for Personal Email Account there is no possibility to specify From Name, as it is implemented for Group Email Account (screenshots 3 and 4).
    Attached Files

Comment

Too bad, might be an idea to the developers to include this.

It could have been that you could change something somewhere in the files.
      But this would probably not be update-proof.​

Comment

You have to code it so it if you want it like that, otherwise there is no build in GUI solution for this! For this reason I change my username to "Admin" instead of the usual name.

I'm too lazy to re-create Group Email account at the moment so I can 'customize' name. I started doing that for new Email we add but didn't update old email that still being as a Personal Email.

I don't like Group Email too much because I have to set up Roles and Team, which my brain isn't smart enough to fully comprehend the consequence of it all these 2 settings.

I suppose you can change the username but that not a solution at all and it look too funny.

Comment

Working...
        X