Import contacts and add additional email addresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import contacts and add additional email addresses

I'm interested in exporting/importing contacts with multiple email addresses. Is it possible to do it in the current EspoCRM version?

Moreover, I want to be able to add new email addresses to an existing contact identified by other fields (e.g., profile URL).

Example:

A contact data in EspoCRM before import:
    Firstname, Lastname, ProfileURL1, name1@domain1.com

I import CSV with data:
    Firstname, Lastname, ProfileURL1, name2@domain2.com

Contact data after the import:
    Firstname, Lastname, ProfileURL1, name1@domain1.com; name2@domain2.com

Can anybody give me a clue how to do it in the current version of EspoCRM?

Hi mfliorko,

To implement the possibility of adding name2@domain2.com as an additional email address to an existing contact whose Email Address already contains name1@domain2.com, you need to do the following:

1. Export your records from, for example, entity Contact (the Export file must contain all required fields).
    2. Next, you need to add another Email 2 column to this file, and add name2@domain2.com to this column.​

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	4.8 KB ID:	100068

3. Import this file with the following parameters:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	41.3 KB ID:	100064
    In Step 2, assign the Email 2 field to the Email 2 column. This means that we assign another address name2@domain2.com to the regular Email field. Please note that for convenience, I am updating the contact with its real ID, which was assigned automatically by EspoCRM when this contact was created in the past.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	27.7 KB ID:	100065​4. Before import, my contact looked like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	12.2 KB ID:	100067

5. After import it looks like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	10.8 KB ID:	100066

Unfortunately, the option when your import file contains only Email 2 from name2@domain2.com, and your contact already has name1@domain2.com - will not work. And after this import option, your contact in the Email field will not contain name1@domain2.com and name2@domain2.com, but only name2@domain2.com. The data in this field will be overwritten.

Therefore, the import file should include all email addresses that need to be imported into our instance.​​

Comment

Working...
    X