Features from Salesforce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features from Salesforce

I started using salesforce at my new company and I am hating it so much, but it has some interesting features that would benefit EspoCRM.

1st Post pinning; Add a Role acl to allow pinning stream posts, useful if there are posts/emails that needs to stay on top.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	79.0 KB ID:	95350

2nd Favorite Menu, save records in an easily accessible menu to quickly retrieve them

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	31.0 KB ID:	95351

3rd Filter global search result by entity, selecting all you can select the entity where you need to search

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	150.7 KB ID:	95352

4th Notes keep useful notes available at all times for easy copy and paste

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	333
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	95353

What do you think?​​​ Is there any salesforce feature you'd like to see?

Hi Kharg,

like the "pinned". I have never see/use SaleForce, in the past i was a little touch/install "people soft".. very long time.
    But, i think the "pinned" must not only limited to "post", but in all entity listView pinned Account, pinned Contact,... it's just my idea

Regards

Comment

• Kharg
      Kharg commented
      Editing a comment
      What about the other features Yuri? I think that comment pinning is the most useful one

• yuri
      yuri commented
      Editing a comment
      I was considering it long ago. But I didn't come up with an elegant implementation design. Features that are to complicate things are hard to be accepted. We use Description field for all important notes within a Record.

• rabii
      rabii commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah pinned posts sounds good one. Personally i think it should not be applied to records.

Salesforce is huge. They have entire tower in San Francisco. We don't have a tower

As far as I know Salesforce has immense amount of features. We'll unlikely be able to ever afford a comparable amount of features. But being slim is not that bad

Comment

• Kharg
      Kharg commented
      Editing a comment
      One day you will get your own EspoTower don’t worry
      Time will reward EspoCRM as it deserves.
      Last edited by Kharg; 07-13-2023, 07:01 PM.

• item
      item commented
      Editing a comment
      i agree Kharg,
      i think in not long time, you certainly get touch by big investitor.

Saleforces is quite feature rich, I see other big company used it but never got the chance to personally play it with. Only see marketing for it and I'm sure there is plenty of feature that can make me drool.

Personally preference but your post haven't "SOLD" me yet Kharg!

Comment

• Kharg
      Kharg commented
      Editing a comment
      As I stated in my post I really hate Salesforce, the UI is so ugly, Espo is years ahead regarding this and many more things.

• yuri
      yuri commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe they have the newer UI, Lightning. That one looks nice.

• Kharg
      Kharg commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s the UI I am using and the one I am hating. Can’t be compared with Espo sleek and elegant design.

those who use comments a lot should check out telecastg's chat app. they are not pinned, but still clean up well.

Comment

Yuri, I have seen there was a pull request about pinned notes
      Method for users to pin a post to the top of the stream panel. However - right now notes pinned to child entities appear pinned in the super parent entity too. This is due to fetching child notes i...

Is this implementation so bad? Can't it be improved? Would be a good addition to Espo
      Last edited by Kharg; 07-14-2023, 09:48 AM.

Comment

I'm not able to review as I'm busy with other things. It's not a no-brainer feature, there are some complexities.

Comment

• yuri
          yuri commented
          Editing a comment
          We have some other things to do. Feature requests (other than very easy to do ones) won't be considered for implementation over the course of the next few months.

Is the "Attachment Email reminder" a no brainer feature request ?

I tried using the Before-Save API formula and it does work but there is no "Override button", which will keep sending button as you would see in Thunderbird/Outlook/Gmail.

Here is my wishlist:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	310
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	95420

Comment

Hello my friends,

We have implemented the fav menu into our van pro extension, here is the link:

All Included Features:

- Add tabs with custom links to navigation menu

- Open sub menu on mouse hover (support hover indent area for better ux)

- Add favourite menu to top navigation bar (for records)

- Add favourites links to tabs (for list screens)

- Menu separator​
          Attached Files
          CEO & Founder of Eblasoft.
          Professional EspoCRM development & extensions.

Comment

• eymen-elkum
            eymen-elkum commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure if the separator is already supported on espocrm

• Kharg
            Kharg commented
            Editing a comment
            Just bought it, thanks
        Working...
        X