Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right Panel - how to regain space after disabling it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Panel - how to regain space after disabling it?

First of all hello all, that's my first post here.

I'm struggling a bit with implementation details

I don't need right panel in Quotes detailed view (who created, assigned etc) so I've disabled what was there BUT right now I have just empty space and "main" area did not expanded. How to fix that?

You can edit the clientDefs entity json and add this

PHP Code:
    {

"isWide"true
    }​ 

Comment

I'm having hard time finding proper file, what's the path to it?
      /custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/clientDefs
      If so that folder is empty

Comment

So you may create the file in an appropriate editor, name it entity.json and save it to the indicated path. Do a rebuild and empty cache (browser as well), refresh the page, where you see your entity`s window and it should work.

Comment

This looks interesting but I can't seem to make it work.
          I've tried a clean install of the latest version and disabled all the entries in the Contacts entity side panels. I created the file Contact.json (and also tried it with entity.json) as described above in the /custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/clientDefs folder. Cleared cache and rebuild but nothing changes - contact panel is still same with as bartoz describes.
          Anybody got this working and, if so, it would be great to see some detailed instructions.

Comment

Oh, I am really sorry, that seems to work only with Ebla Layout Pro, if you want to use it without this extension you will have to add
            Code:
            isWide: true,​
            to a custom view file.

Comment

Seems that you trying to modify the quote view, follow steps below:

1 - create a new file (if not exist) under (custom\Espo\Custom\Resources\metadata\clientDefs\ Quote.json) and paste the code below:
              PHP Code:
              {

"recordViews": {

"detail""custom:views/quote/record/detail"

}
              }
              ​ 

2 - create the new custom view under (client\custom\src\views\quote\record\detail.js) and paste the code below:
              PHP Code:
              define('custom:views/quote/record/detail', ['sales:views/quote/record/detail'], function (Dep) {

return 
              Dep.extend({

isWidetrue,

sideViewfalse,
                  });
              });
              ​ 

This will be upgrade safe, in case you upgraded the sales pack this will still work.

Hope this helps
              Last edited by rabii; 05-25-2023, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your guidance rabii. i've now got that working for Accounts and Contacts and can then play around with tabs in the bottom panel.

Comment

I had bad luck (or rather lack of skillz)
                  ]
                  [2023-06-01 17:21:01] ERROR: Uncaught Exception JsonException: "JSON syntax error in 'custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/clientDefs/Quote.json'." at /SERVER_NAME/public_html/DOMAIN_NAME/application/Espo/Core/Utils/File/Unifier.php line 250 {"exception":"[object] (JsonException(code: 0): JSON syntax error in 'custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/clientDefs/Quote.json'. at /SERVER_NAME/public_html/avhubtech.info/application/Espo/Core/Utils/File/Unifier.php:250)"} []​

Attached Files
                  Last edited by bartosz; 06-01-2023, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Hi bartosz,

Your file has three extra characters at the end that your text editor might not notice. This may be the cause of the error.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	93183

Comment

• bartosz
                      bartosz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh! You are correct Sir! How did that happened? Thank You so much!

Originally posted by lazovic View Post
                    Hi bartosz,

Your file has three extra characters at the end that your text editor might not notice. This may be the cause of the error.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	93183
                    Character set problems, used the wrong editor...(i guess you did that), <cr><lf> problems..., many possibilities...

Comment

Working...
                    X