Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can i separate right into admin and super admin on admin panel page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i separate right into admin and super admin on admin panel page?

Some features That i dont want to provide admin role, Meaning only for super admin role

Hi tapnm,

There is a possibility to create Admin, Regular, Portal, and API user types.
    In order to restrict access for some users, you need to use Roles. Administrator can manage roles in Administration panel. Each role defines access to certain areas (scopes) which is applied to users who own that role.

More about Users Management:
    https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...ers-management

More about Roles Management:
    https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...les-management
    Last edited by Vadym; 09-16-2022, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Vadym I mean, I want to restrict access on administration area

Comment

Hi tapnm ,

Just create a role in Administration > Roles, in which check all the options and assign this role to the required user (screenshot 1). But, most importantly, this NOT super admin should have Type Regular (screenshot 2). Thus, you will have a user with all possible rights and without access to the administration area.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by victor View Post
          Hi tapnm ,

Just create a role in Administration > Roles, in which check all the options and assign this role to the required user (screenshot 1). But, most importantly, this NOT super admin should have Type Regular (screenshot 2). Thus, you will have a user with all possible rights and without access to the administration area.
          I want to create user that can access administration panel but in limit (example: I don't want to assign Entity Manager right)

Comment

• victor
            victor commented
            Editing a comment
            There is no distinction between administrative rights with lesser or greater rights. If the user has the "admin" role, then he has access to the entire admin panel without exception.

How do you create a superadmin? I don't see any reference to what a superadmin is or how it works, but I see checks in the code; e.g., $user->isSuperAdmin().

Comment

• alexisc
            alexisc commented
            Editing a comment
            I support this idea; having an administrator with limited access, very relevant:
            - from the point of view of system security.
            - delegation of powers and reduction of administrator workload
            - control of changes to the system
            and so on..

There is no such user Super Admin, this term in the code may refer to the Administrator.

Comment

Working...
          X