Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Integration: Sync change content of discription

Hi Folks,

With EspoCRM v7.3.4 and Google Integration 1.6.0 the content of a call discription (maybe in meetings also, not testet) changed after synchronization. Before, for example:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua.

- At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum.
    - Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua.
    and after synchronization you've got:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua.<br><br>- At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum.<br>- Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.<br><br>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua.

Hi mfr,

Please provide screenshots related to this issue and an EspoCRM error log to investigate in more detail.

Comment

Hi Vadym,

thanks for your response. Actually, i have not an error log for this issue. But here are some screenshots:

Google Calendar
      Click image for larger version

Name:	espocrm_meeting_google.png
Views:	246
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	91212
      Thunderbird

Name:	espocrm_meeting_thunderbird.png
Views:	251
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	91213
      EspoCrm

Name:	espocrm_meeting_espocrm.png
Views:	267
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	91211

Comment

These <> code are HTML code, so you can't use Description field for it, otherwise it will display funny like that.

I don't have the extension, but not sure if it possible to use a WYSIWYG field for the description/body instead. Or another way is to use formula to copy it over to WYSIWYG

Comment

Hi mfr,

Description field is a field with type Text (A multiline text with markdown support). That is, this field does not support any other formatting similar to WYSIWYG fields.

However, let's move on to your case:​

- Your error occurs after you used something from the formatting panel on the Google side in the created calendar entry:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	0.png Views:	0 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	91256

- Even if you edit your record on the Google side and it stops using the functionality from the formatting panel, the bottom line you will get in EspoCRM is something like (even if you copy the formatted text to another Google Calendar entry that included formatting, which was then deleted):

Click image for larger version  Name:	0.png Views:	0 Size:	49.4 KB ID:	91257

In order for the data from Google Calendar to be transferred correctly to EspoCRM, it is necessary NOT to use the panel for formatting the record of Google Calendar. And there will be no extra empty lines displayed on the EspoCRM side.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	0 Size:	39.8 KB ID:	91258

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.png Views:	0 Size:	29.1 KB ID:	91259

Comment

Hey Folks,

thanks for your explanation, but i do not use html Code in the description as you mentioned! I am also a programmer and board member of a big Open Source Project and i know the difference between html, markup and clear text.

This html code appears in EspoCrm after the sync. I do not edit appointments in Google Calender, but sometimes in Thunderbird. Google Calender is only a "bridge" between Smartphone and Thunderbird (Desktop) on the one side an EspoCrm on the other side.

Sometimes i've got an appointment with RSVP from outside and i accept it from Thunderbird. And here, i think, is the breakage. This issue does not happens on every appointment.

But maybe it is possible to check the exist of html code in the description and "pipe" the text to a html2text() function?

Comment

Hi Folks,

any news on this? All my appointments have HTML after syncing as I described. And no, I don't edit the meetings outside of espocrm.

Oh, it also occurs with the calls that I also never edit outside of EspoCrm.​

Comment

mfr
                I do not edit appointments in Google Calender, but sometimes in Thunderbird
                Perhaps the reason is precisely this formatting on the side of a third program that synchronizes with Google, and then with Google in EspoCRM. When the functionality of the third program is accepted by Google Calendar, but not by the description field on the EspoCRM side.

However, I have a solution for you, maybe not optimal, but:
                - In Administration > Entity Manager > Meeting > Fields, create a From calendar field with type Wysiwyg (screenshot 1).
                - In Administration > Entity Manager > Meeting > Formula, create the following formula:
                Code:
                description = fromCalendar;
                The description will still pass the wrong formatting, but you can remove it from the Layouts you want and leave only From calendar. It will look like shown in screenshots 2 and 3.​​ Note that the correct formatting of the From calendar​ field works both ways.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by victor; 05-11-2023, 12:17 PM.

Comment

At first I thought that the error occurred because I (very rarely) updated an appointment in Thunderbird.

But like I said, that's not the norm. It doesn't matter whether it's a meeting or a call, both are usually not edited outside.

The description is automatically changed somewhere in the constellation EspoCrm <-> Google <-> Thunderbird, so that the HTML code ends up in EspoCrm. And this is where I think this happens at the (re)synchronization of an already existing meeting/call.

How about if EspoCrm also processes HTML code (limited) in addition to MarkUp? At least convert the "<br>" into a line break.​

Comment

The description is automatically changed somewhere in the constellation EspoCrm <-> Google <-> Thunderbird, so that the HTML code ends up in EspoCrm. And this is where I think this happens at the (re)synchronization of an already existing meeting/call.
                    Unfortunately, the problem persists in my installation. Appointments with descriptive content are therefore hardly legible in EspoCRM.

How can this be avoided? ideas? Solutions?

Best regards​

Comment

• rabii
                      rabii commented
                      Editing a comment
                      have you tried to upgrade espocrm instance and google integration package

• mfr
                      mfr commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Everthing is up-to-date.. EspoCRM 7.5.5, Google Integration 1.6.0
                  Working...
                  X