Products not showing after 7.0 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Products not showing after 7.0 update

Hello, I can't add products while creating an offer after updating to 7.0. Products do not appear on the offer screen, how can I solve this? I added an example image.

PHP 8.2
    Espo 7.4.6

Advanced Pack 2.5.1
    Sales Pack 1.0.9​

Try updating the Sales Pack extension to the current version 1.2.1 (curent version of Advanced Pack extension is 2.15.5).

Comment

Originally posted by victor View Post
      Try updating the Sales Pack extension to the current version 1.2.1 (curent version of Advanced Pack extension is 2.15.5).
      I can't update it so I have to buy it again.

yuri
      Maximus
      telecastg
      Last edited by serqet; 05-31-2023, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I'm guessing compatibility and unfortunately that is the only way. I doubt any of these 3 people you ping will be able to give you an solution or have time to investigate.

1.0.9 > 1.2.1 sound like 2 major change.

Comment

This is not fair, I already bought the sales package. But now I can't update the free Espo. In this case, it is necessary to assist the customers who purchased the sales package. It's unreasonable to purchase a resale pack to use the 'NEW Espo' version.

Comment

Dear serqet,

Please try to understand that there is such a thing as version incompatibility. Sales Pack v1.0.9 was released more than three years ago (Jan 21, 2020). Over the past three years, there have been a lot of changes in EspoCRM and extensions. In order for the extension to work correctly, it needs to be updated in a timely manner, and in order to be able to update it in a timely manner, you need to pay for a subscription. I do not see any injustice in this, since no one is forcing you to initially buy an extension. It should be understood that progress is moving forward, and no one will fix the three year old versions of extensions, because it requires a massive rewrite of the code. In addition, this issue for all the time met only once. Please appreciate the work of the developers and if you want to use the Sales Pack with the latest EspoCRM, just pay for a subscription. Otherwise, just use the old version of EspoCRM.

Comment

Originally posted by lazovic View Post
              Dear serqet,

Please try to understand that there is such a thing as version incompatibility. Sales Pack v1.0.9 was released more than three years ago (Jan 21, 2020). Over the past three years, there have been a lot of changes in EspoCRM and extensions. In order for the extension to work correctly, it needs to be updated in a timely manner, and in order to be able to update it in a timely manner, you need to pay for a subscription. I do not see any injustice in this, since no one is forcing you to initially buy an extension. It should be understood that progress is moving forward, and no one will fix the three year old versions of extensions, because it requires a massive rewrite of the code. In addition, this issue for all the time met only once. Please appreciate the work of the developers and if you want to use the Sales Pack with the latest EspoCRM, just pay for a subscription. Otherwise, just use the old version of EspoCRM.
              Dear lazovic

What you don't understand is that "sales package + 1 year upgrade" I have already paid for the sales package part here, in this case I only have to pay the upgrade fee. That's what's fair.

Comment

Dear serqet,

When ordering in the drop-down list, the plus sign between the Sales Pack word and the number of years (it can also be two years, with a discount) does not mean that you will only need to pay some part of the amount in the future. You are simply given a choice of license term: one year or two years, these are two options.
                For example, if you choose one year, you will need to pay the same amount for one year to support updates and fix bugs each year. If you choose two years, you will need to pay the indicated amount again two years after purchase, which is indicated for two years, if you want to receive updates and bug fixes.

Comment

Personally I don't have the extension but it is better than a subscription model in my opinion. Any further talk will just politic.

I haven't look at the date, but you could try to see if you get grab the version right before your upgrade plan expire?

Alternatively you can stay at EspoCRM version that is compatible with what you have. Anyway, I won't go further into this thread as there is no benefit or not relate to me
                  Feel free to do what you must do though.

PS: I'm just an user like yourself, just in case you think otherwise.

Comment

I think you understand very well what I mean. Updating a product with itself are two different things. If you own the product, you only pay the upgrade difference. Yes, I love and appreciate Espo very much. If you had looked at my past comments you would have seen this. But still, this method is not fair, I stand by my word.

Have a nice day.​

Comment

i honestly think that it is fair how the pricing work. this is how we can support the developers team i understand the price could be hight for some of us but if you think about how much value you are getting from using espocrm (for free with all nea features) it make sense to purchase the product to support the team. besides i personnaly think that the price is fair (i always renew all extension for 2 years). it is worth it.

This said i hope that serqet will find a way to sort it out. just for information (the latest sales pack has improved a lot you can select multiple products etc).

Comment

This was a forced measure due to major changes in the EspoCRM itself. The code in the Sales Pack depends on the core of EspoCRM. In these 3 years, 70% of the EspoCRM code was improved. That is why it is necessary to update the Sales Pack.

Do you know that more than 1 million lines of code have already been written in EspoCRM and a lot of time has been spent.

I think, purchasing extensions is the best way to support EspoCRM team.​
                        Job Offers and Requests

Comment

Technically serqet you and I both own a perpetual license to the code, not the code itself.

So when the update window you purchased into closes, you still get to use the code you have.

When you want the updated code, you update both your license and your access to more code.

It is the perogative of the author to decide how to provide an update to a perpetual license.

I would prefer a lifetime updates license personally, or an all-extensions lifetime updates license, or an unlimited instance all-extensions lifetime license myself... but on the point of whether it is fair to have access to code or not: if you do not own the code ( which you do not, you hold a license ) then your entire argument is moot and the outrage is unfounded.

Comment

Also, it is unfair that a codebase worth ~5M USD is available for free. It is even more unfair that companies with billions of dollars own CRMs and the data in them which essentially run the public-user world, while almost no one can self-host their online experience. Certainly not people with under 100 USD per year extra for infrastructure to be autonomous. Espo is a major step forward, but it is not going to remain a step forward for another 12 years if there is not a new burst of life. We need to do more business, move the codebase further, and get ahead of overall economic sluggishness.

Open Source is not about fairness, it is about whether you want to participate or not. If it seems uncomfortable to do something, then stop. But the argument from the Espo team that I hear is "we did not upgrade the underlying system so that you would need to buy an update to an extension" which seems honest to me. They even defended themselves ( unnecessarily ) by saying the underlying code had to evolve. But this is their situation we are participating in by choice. That removes the fair or unfair debate: this is their life, they work a lot, they are struggling, whether they seem like they are stable or not they are up against radical systems developers and global power structures. And here we are, fussing over 260 to 655 USD.

They even created and encouraged a marketplace of people contracting and selling code purely off of EspoCRM without them taking a cut!​

If you need to do more business to cover more costs, I am sure people here would help! What is your area of expertise?
                            Last edited by migrator; 06-04-2023, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X