404 error on fresh install of Espo on new domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 404 error on fresh install of Espo on new domain

I've just installed Espo on a fresh domain and after following all the instructions for configuring for my Nginx server I finally managed to trigger the installation pages. I made it all the way through those to the point where I added a user account but when I then pressed finish it just showed a blank page with a 404 error message.

If I look in my console I can see the following errors:

espo.js:11899 Could not open `espo` cache.
    GET http://espo.fsed.co.uk/api/v1/Settings 404 (Not Found)
    GET http://espo.fsed.co.uk/api/v1/I18n?default=true 404 (Not Found)

espo.fsed.co.uk/:1 Uncaught (in promise) {readyState: 4, getResponseHeader: ƒ, getAllResponseHeaders: ƒ, setRequestHeader: ƒ, overrideMimeType: ƒ, …}
    Promise.then (async)
    (anonymous) @ espo.js:5896
    load @ espo.js:5894
    loadDefault @ espo.js:5906
    init @ espo.js:11936
    (anonymous) @ espo.js:11640
    Promise.then (async)
    l @ espo.js:11640
    (anonymous) @ VM233:25
    _load @ espo.js:528
    require @ espo.js:373
    c.require.Espo.require @ espo.js:919
    (anonymous) @ VM233:24​

Hi Hannah,

what version of php are you running?
    could you try to install a past version like 7.2.0 and upgrading from there?

Comment

try to run php rebuild.php from the command line. might be issue with .htaccess

Comment

Kharg I'm running PHP version 8.2.1

rabii I tried running that from within the Espo root directory but I'm getting the following error:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{', expecting identifier (T_STRING) in /var/www/vhosts/fsed.co.uk/espo.fsed.co.uk/rebuild.php on line 32

I haven't made any edits to that file so not sure why it would be erroring. This is the content of the file:

include "bootstrap.php";

use Espo\Core\{
        Application,
        ApplicationRunners\Rebuild,
        };

(new Application())->run(Rebuild::class);​
        Last edited by Hannah; 01-25-2023, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Kharg I tried downgrading the PHP but when I do that I just get:

Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.0.0".

Comment

I updated my nginx.conf file again and added the following lines:

location /api/v1/ { if (!-e $request_filename){ rewrite ^/api/v1/(.*)$ /api/v1/index.php last; break; } }

location /portal/ { try_files $uri $uri/ /portal/index.php?$query_string; }

location /api/v1/portal-access { if (!-e $request_filename){ rewrite ^/api/v1/(.*)$ /api/v1/portal-access/index.php last; break; } }

After running 'sudo service nginx restart' again it now seems to be working.

Comment

Working...
            X