Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble installing latest version of Espo on Nginx server

Hi,

I have followed the instructions here to install Espo on a new domain on our Nginx server:

I have uploaded all the files and am now seeing the page below when I navigate to the root of the domain:

I then followed the instructions here to configure our server:

However I am still seeing the 'configure your web server' page. If I navigate to /public I can see the install page, however there are lots of 401 errors in the console as it seems to be looking for all files in the public directory (e.g. for the logo it's looking in: http://espo.fsed.co.uk/public/client/img/logo.svgl/)
    Last edited by Hannah; 03-13-2023, 09:29 AM.

Maybe the problem is PHP. E.g. after upgrading PHP and NGINX sometimes it sets the owner to www-data.

Try:
    chown nginx:nginx -R /var/lib/php/session/

Comment

Hi macistda

I've just tried to run that but it doesn't seem to have made an impact. It also didn't give me any kind of message after I ran it via SSH - should it have done?

Someone has just pointed out to me that the instructions on Espo seem to be for Ubuntu/Debian based systems, but we are actually using CentOS. Not sure if that would make a difference.

Comment

Thanks, I've managed to sort it. Running the last PHP command on that page seemed to do it.

Comment

chown nginx:nginx -R /var/lib/php/session/ is for SSH Terminal yes. You get no response if there is no error.

The last command from install guide restarts nginx service if you meant that "page". After restart PHP plugin for nginx is restarted, too. If PHP can use the temp-folder (var/lib/php/session/) then, everything works fine, as you wrote.
          Maybe you should note if you update PHP, because a repeat could be necessary.​

Comment

Originally posted by Hannah View Post
            Thanks, I've managed to sort it. Running the last PHP command on that page seemed to do it.
            Hi Hannah,

May you please guide me how you resolved this? I also installed it in centOS but only locally as it was the preferred setup.

Comment

ciryaj I can try, although I'm definitely no expert. What bit in particular are you stuck with?

Comment

Originally posted by Hannah View Post
                ciryaj I can try, although I'm definitely no expert. What bit in particular are you stuck with?
                nginx: [emerg] host not found in upstream "espocrm-php" in /etc/nginx/conf.d/default.conf:40

nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
                ​​​

Please take note that I installed this on a local server as it was meant to be proposed to my boss. If I comment out or remove line 40 test goes well but the image you sent on the first one is the next error and whatever permission I use doesn't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannah
                  Hi,

Sorry for the slow reply.

Have you got access to the nginx.conf file and are you able to edit it?

In the screenshot above I hadn't quite gotten it right. There were additional bits that were vital to getting it to work. I've included another screenshot below that contains that info - does that help?
                  Thank you so much. That's strange, I have almost the same config. When I can't successfully do it I just made use of espo's docker image. So far it is working well for my demo.

Comment

Strange! Glad you managed to get it working.

Comment

Working...
                    X