Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading error from 7.1.1 to latest version

Hi Espocrm users,

I am trying to upgrade my espocrm after some time.
    My current version is 7.1.1 with PHP 7.4.

I have stopped the cron and enable maintenance mode before upgrading.

When trying to update I get the following erros:

Error occurred while EspoCRM rebuild. Please see the log for more detail. (Snip of the rror atatched)

Please see error LOG LOG Error Upgrading.txt

Can someone please guive some guidance?

Thank you

try to add -s parameter which will allow to run upgrade in one single process: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...nal-parameters

Code:
    php command.php upgrade -s

Comment

Originally posted by rabii View Post
      try to add -s parameter which will allow to run upgrade in one single process: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...nal-parameters

Code:
      php command.php upgrade -s
      Hi Rabii,

Thank you for your help.
      I have tried but it did not work. Same error.
      Any other options in here?

The only thing I did not tried was to update over the GUI since it is not recommended, and I am afraid to break it.

Thanks

Comment

From the log it looks like one user has too many connections to the database open: User 'u443026210_espocrm' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 15)

The rebuild process can not spawn a new process and fails. Why the user has so many open is unknown. Maybe you can try to cut those connections and try the update process again.

I updated my test installation without any issue so its not a general issue with the update.
        Last edited by ThomasB; 08-15-2022, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasB View Post
          From the log it looks like one user has too many connections to the database open: User 'u443026210_espocrm' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 15)

The rebuild process can not spawn a new process and fails. Why the user has so many open is unknown. Maybe you can try to cut those connections and try the update process again.

I updated my test installation without any issue so its not a general issue with the update.
          Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the tips.
          Have you any idea how I can cut the coonnections from that user in order to be able to proceed with the update?

Thank you

Comment

Hi geonaute,

Try to clear cache/rebuild your instance and restart your MySQL server (sudo service mysql restart).

Also, perhaps this thread will be helpful to solve your problem:
            I'm getting following error when I try to log onto phpMyAdmin. User ** already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections Could anyone let me know how to close these DB connections f...

Comment

This could help:
              Login to the DB with: mysql -u root -p.

Type: show processlist;

Follow this guide on how to kill that stuck process: https://dataedo.com/kb/query/mariadb/kill-session

But restarting the DB should work also. But your users should be made aware that maintance will be performed.

Comment

This could help:
                Login to the DB with: mysql -u root -p.

Type: show processlist;

Follow this guide on how to kill that stuck process: https://dataedo.com/kb/query/mariadb/kill-session

But restarting the DB should work also. But your users should be made aware that maintance will be performed.
                Thank you for your answer and assistance.
                I am trying to restart the database or even Kill the user session, tried to do it but with no sucsess, I am using Hostinger, and I am not being able to restart the SQL Dabase.
                Have anyone manage to do this on hostinger shared plan?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Vadym View Post
                  Hi geonaute,

Try to clear cache/rebuild your instance and restart your MySQL server (sudo service mysql restart).

Also, perhaps this thread will be helpful to solve your problem:
                  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...nections-error
                  Thank you for your answer and assistance.
                  I am trying to restart the database or even Kill the user session, tried to do it but with no sucsess, I am using Hostinger, and I am not being able to restart the SQL Dabase.
                  Have anyone manage to do this on hostinger shared plan?

" -bash-4.2$ sudo service mysql restart
                  -bash: sudo: command not found
                  -bash-4.2$
                  "

Thank you

Comment

Better ask your hoster for help.

But I found this guide on their website: https://support.hostinger.com/en/art...r#h_7f0f5900a0

"Option 2 - Stop the processes" seems to be what you are looking for.

Comment

Better ask your hoster for help.

But I found this guide on their website: https://support.hostinger.com/en/art...r#h_7f0f5900a0

"Option 2 - Stop the processes" seems to be what you are looking for.

Thank you again for your support,

I have actually contact them already, but I am not able to stop the processes.
                      The solution they gave was basically to change the script.

" In order to prevent getting max_user_connection errors in the future, I would suggest optimizing the script and making sure that all of the connections are closed immediately once they are finished. For that, you can add mysql_close() to the end of the scripts.
                      In addition, while the process list in your database doesn’t show what exactly started the connection, you could use PDO ( it will check where the connection is initiated).
                      Give it a try and let me know how it goes!

"

Not sure how to this one.

Thanks

Comment

Hi All that have been giving some tips on how to bypass the upgrading issue.
                        I found a workaround that allowed me to upgrade my EspoCrm instance.

Basically i need to update it troughout the UI and 1 update at a time. as per below (Starting from the bottom):

EspoCRM-upgrade-7.1.11-to-7.2.5.zip

up to

EspoCRM-upgrade-7.1.10-to-7.1.11.zip
                        EspoCRM-upgrade-7.1.9-to-7.1.10.zip
                        EspoCRM-upgrade-7.1.8-to-7.1.9.zip
                        EspoCRM-upgrade-7.1.7-to-7.1.8.zip
                        EspoCRM-upgrade-7.1.6-to-7.1.7.zip
                        EspoCRM-upgrade-7.1.5-to-7.1.6.zip
                        EspoCRM-upgrade-7.1.4-to-7.1.5.zip
                        EspoCRM-upgrade-7.1.3-to-7.1.4.zip
                        EspoCRM-upgrade-7.1.2-to-7.1.3.zip
                        EspoCRM-upgrade-7.1.1-to-7.1.2.zip
                        EspoCRM-upgrade-7.1.0-to-7.1.2.zip​

I hope this helps for any other persons with same issue as me.

Now I will look into the release notes to see whats new

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                        X