Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• api/v1/Email/action/sendTestEmail does not exist

Hello everyone,

EspoCRM seems to be a nice tool that I decided to use. Installation actually seemed to be fine. But when I tried to setup my outgoing email account I receive the error "500 Could not connect to socket" when I sent a test mail.

Sending a test email seems to trigger a POST request to mycrm/api/v1/Email/action/sendTestEmail. But this folder doesn't exist on my server.

Does anyone know where the problem is and can provide a solution.

Thanks
    Martin

Hi

It's not a bug.

Comment

Your server can't connect to SMTP server.

Comment

Maybe you could send some screen dumps?

Comment

I don't know where is the problem. Maybe your server/provider blocks something. Maybe SMTP server blocks your requests (for example Google Mail does it by default, need to disable in Google Settings).

Comment

I seem to have the same problem. I wanted to send a test mail but it gave me a error 500 could not open socket.

I tried to connect to an external SMTP server, via SSL port 465 with username/password combo.

Code:
            Espo.ERROR: Display Error: Could not open socket, Code: 500 URL: /api/v1/Email/action/sendTestEmail [] []
            Also, a directory listing shows nothing.

Code:
            $> ls api/v1/
            index.php  portal-access/  web.config
            But that seems to be an expected return? I have lots of other programs that successfully send mail over smtp. How to debug this?

Comment

Check if sockets enabled in your php.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
                Thanks this is working now! Is there a way to preserve the mail you composed in case an error occurs? At this moment, it works like this:

Code:
                compose mail > click send > sending... > error > input screen is already gone so mail is lost.
                What I would like to see:

Code:
                compose mail > click send > sending... > error > input screen still there with mail intact so that we can copy it or save it somehow and retry later.

Comment

I believe a lost email can be found if you select All filter in list view.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
                    The same problem here.

Sockets enabled.

Any other idea?

Comment

Working...
                    X