Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass update custom field in email

Hello,

In the ESPOCRM documentation it is indicated that with the Layout Manager it is possible to customize the list of fields visible in "Mass Update". This is indeed the case in the Leads example in the documentation.

But it is not possible to customize Mass Update for e-mails.

How do I Mass update a custom field in Emails ?​

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	95
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	98066
    Having to work with a significant volume of data is not an easy task. If you’ve already experienced the situations when you need to update the entries in a data field within numerous records, then you know it for sure.

Hi,

You can do it manually. Create a file custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/layouts/Email/massUpdate.json

Code:
    [
        "parent",
        "teams"​,
        "yourCustomField"
    ]
    Then clear cache.

Comment

Another simpler way is open Layout Manager> Leads> Mass Update

The URL will be http://yourdomain/#Admin/layouts/scope=Lead&type=massUpdate

Replace Lead with Email.

The new URL will be http://yourdomain/#Admin/layouts/scope=Email&type=massUpdate

Comment

• victor
        victor commented
        Editing a comment
        Very cool method, especially Not for developers (when there may be problems with permissions or with syntax after creating the file).

I can say that both yuri's option works and dreginald's also works. After using the dreginald method, we have the same file created in custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/layouts/Email/massUpdate.json as in the yuri method.
        Last edited by victor; 09-29-2023, 03:05 PM.

• yuri
        yuri commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't recommend using this method. Usually, if something is not available for a specific entity it's for reason to prevent users for breaking something. It's a lapse that it's possible to access something via URL which is supposed to be hidden. We should fix it.
        Last edited by yuri; 09-29-2023, 06:29 PM.

• dreginald
        dreginald commented
        Editing a comment
        yuri Yes you are right. I wanted to bring such possibility to your notice.` The same is possible with Entity Manager also

Thanks yuri for your suggestion.
      Thanks dreginald​ , really easy and it work great!

Comment

Working...
      X