Email Template to fit "Herr Professor Dr. Dr. Müller"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Template to fit "Herr Professor Dr. Dr. Müller"

Yes, you read that right... academic contacts can be an be very vain. The title is everything.

In Germany, and even more so in Austria, when you write to such contacts, you have to be very polite and choose the salutation correctly.

This can be complicated. A complete salutation here consists of several parts:

Mr./Mrs. - Professor Dr. Dr. (the full academic title) - Last name.

or:

Professor Dr. Dr. (the full academic title) - first name - last name.

So I have created an "academic title" field for my leads and contacts. The problem is: I can't add it to the list of variables in emails or email templates. It seems that I can't edit the list of fields that are available at this point.

What can I do?

why not extend the existing salutation on the lead and contact. it is available. beside any custom field will be available on the email template.
    Rabii
    Web Dev | Freelancer

Comment

Are you composing your E-Mail directly from the contact or from something else, like a case or an opportunity?

Comment

Directly. From an opportunity I switch to the contact and send from there or from a lead.

Comment

Obermumpf,

rabii already gave good advice about creating additional salutationName in Administration > Entity Manager > Contact > Fields > Salutation or in Administration > Entity Manager > Lead > Fields > Salutation:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	156
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	98233

In the Email Template, you just add a placeholder and everything will work as you want:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	85
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	98234

Comment

Thanks, I followed your advice, it makes things a lot easier :-)

Comment

Working...
            X