how to populate case fields by taking info from email subject

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to populate case fields by taking info from email subject

Is there a way to populate the fields of a case automatically?

I explain:
    upon receipt of an email, I would like to have depending on the email subject ( for example phone, home, car) populated the 'area' of the case ( field of type select) and consequently assigned the relevant team ( for example team voice, team property, etc.)

thanks​

Are you familiar with the functional Email-to-Case? I think this functionality will almost completely satisfy your need:
    Email-to-Case allows creating cases from incoming group emails automatically. The feature is extremely convenient for support teams as it reduces the time spent on routine manual data entry. The functionality also aids a lot in providing exceptional customer service and support.

However, if we talk about focusing on some word in the Subject of your email, then you can create a workflow (you need to have the Advanced Pack extension), for example, the one shown below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	218
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	97792

Comment

• concept
      concept commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      if I want to insert a list of admitted words in the subject of the email?
      I give an example:
      word list: home, car,travel
      email> subject: may have one of these words

therefore

if email>subject: home -> then assign to the Real Estate team
      if email>subject: car -> then assign to the rental team
      if email>subject: travel -> then assign to travel agency team

if the example is not clear, I will try to explain it better.

• victor
      victor commented
      Editing a comment
      if I want to insert a list of admitted words in the subject of the email?
      Create 2 more similar workflows, where the Conditions will be "home" or "travel" instead of "car", well, and assign other commands ("Real Estate" or "travel agency") to each keyword.

It is also possible to create 1 BPMN with three different flowcharts. Everything will also work.

I followed your steps, but it doesn’t work.

Comment

Before advising you, I tested the workflow shown in the screenshot in the previous post. From a third-party email, I sent a letter with the word car in its title. I received this email and workflow worked: a case was created, into which workflow copied the fields shown in the screenshot (in my previous post).
      Please note that this is only an example and the Terms and Conditions can be improved.

Comment

In my case, through the subject of the email I have to populate a field of type 'enum'.

The ticket (case) is correctly created ( by activating ' create case' in the email account group)
        but the field 'area' ( enum field) is not automatically populated.
        Last edited by concept; 09-25-2023, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• victor
          victor commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you talking about the Email-to-Case feature or the workflow I suggested?
          Because Email-to-Case does not fill custom fields, but in Workflow, BPMNs or in a formula, you need to specify which field under which conditions should be filled with one or another value.

• concept
          concept commented
          Editing a comment
          So I was doing it all wrong?
          I activated the email-to-case feature and then played your example ( with my values).
          Is that why it doesn’t work?

• victor
          victor commented
          Editing a comment
          Email-to-Case has nothing to do with Workflow - they are different things. And if you decide to use Workflow itself, then the approach to Conditions and Actions of your workflow should be as detailed as possible.

victor
        How can I set the BPM to correctly follow the appropriate flow?

Comment

Originally posted by concept View Post
          victor
          How can I set the BPM to correctly follow the appropriate flow?
          I've added different variations of what the car keyword might look like. You can of course add many more options to make the trigger work exactly. Here is an example of a Conditional Start Event:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	0 Size:	79.9 KB ID:	98304

An example of Activities > Task that will be executed:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	135
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	98306

For the other two Flowcharts, you can configure them yourself by analogy.

I remind you that there will be no difference for you between using three similar Workflows or three similar Flowcharts in one BPMN.​

More about Workflows: https://docs.espocrm.com/administration/workflows/
          More on BPMNs: https://docs.espocrm.com/administration/bpm/
          Forum branch where you can order a customizer:​ https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/job-.../find-customer
          Last edited by victor; 10-05-2023, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X