Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

emai-to -case doesn't work when the email address is not associated with any contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emai-to -case doesn't work when the email address is not associated with any contact

Hi,
    I added a group email account to use Email-to-Case.
    When an email arrives that is not associated with any contact, the case is not created.
    How can I register the contact automatically when I receive an email and subsequently generate a case ?
    I'm currently using v 7.1.11
    Thanks.​​

Hi,
    You need to have an Advanced Pack. You need to write Workflow to create Contact (after creating relationship with Email) on specific conditions and a Sequential Workflow to create a ticket

Comment

thank you for the answer.
      I have the advanced pack and I set up the workflow to create the contact upon receiving the email.

I set it like this:
      target entity: email
      trigger type: after saving record

Formula ( in conditions): isBeingImported && entity\isNew()

Actions: create record >> contacts

contacts are properly stored in the system ( although there are duplicates, if for 2 times I get an email from the same address, in the system I will have two identical contacts and I do not know how to avoid it).

For the ' Sequential Workflow ' , could you give me some more indication?

Comment

• rabii
        rabii commented
        Editing a comment
        Add this to Formula in Condition

isBeingImported && entity\isNew() && !record\exists('Contact', 'emailAddress=', fromAddress)

Workflow 1
      Target Entity > Email
      Trigger> created
      Condition> Parent Empty & To Email Address (the Email Address you are using for case Creation)
      Action 1. Create Related Record
      Link> Contact (created through relationship)
      Map the fields From Email to Contact (Body of Email to Description

Action 2 - Trigger Another Workflow and Choose the Sequential Workflow (Workflow 2 Below) to run immediately on the Related Contact

Workflow 2

Target Entity > Contact
      Trigger> Sequential
      Action
      Create Related Record > case and map the fields as relevant

Comment

Waiting for your answer, I continued to run tests and I reached the goal.

I share here, maybe it can be useful to anyone who will read this topic.

1. administration > group email account > set email and create case

2. workflow:
        target entity: email
        trigger type: after create record

Formula ( in conditions): isBeingImported && entity isNew() && ! record exists('Contact', 'emailaddress', fromAddress)
        -> in this way I am telling him that if the contact exists then he should not create it

Actions: create record >> contact
        firstname: sender email address. Name

so a contact is created that has by name the email address ( I don’t care to have all the contact fields populated, but I need to save the contact in order to activate email-to-case, because if the contact is not in the system, this option is not activated)

that’s it!
        Thanks for answering and have a nice day.

Comment

• concept
          concept commented
          Editing a comment
          Espo v7.1.11
          Advanced v 2.10.0

• rabii
          rabii commented
          Editing a comment
          so you mean that the code no longer works ? if yes please share the code so we can review.

• concept
          concept commented
          Editing a comment
          I had changed the id in the formula and entered the wrong one. I apologize again to thank you for your availability.
      Working...
      X