Clear All

• Import error of phoneNumbers

I didn't understand this:
    error during import
    typ validation - validation error
    fon/fax-number is valid
    shows ... 04821 771 274
    - 1527 errors with the same type of error and 28.785 numbers well imported
    it is valid (you can see there is nothing else than numbers and blanks) , but it trows an error ??? ... and didn't import this data.
    ... and the database field is wide enough: varchar 36
    ... and my csv-file is UTF8
    ... and my csv-file is 1.6 mb
    ... and it needs nearly 30 minutes to import 30.343 rows with only 1 field (fax-number) (search in 40.821 data-rows)
    Something going wrong ...

Christoph

I thought I've found the "bug" (with know-how in database programming and try-and-error)
    There must be anywhere a validation of the length of the prefix number - found at the first space in the phoneNumber.
    So I replaced all spaces with a '-' -> and no errors :-)
    Somebody knows the place in the code where this validation is declaired?
    Christoph
    P.S.
    it's possible to import office-number and fax-number in one import-run:
    the csv-file must have 2 columns (here: office-number, fax-number) and each of them must be linked to the corresponding type see screenshot attached. The FIRST column is the first row in details-view - here phoneNumber (Zentrale)

Comment

Hello,
      Question again:
      Somebody knows the place in the code where this validation is declaired?

Christoph

Comment

Hi ctheuring,

Perhaps the following threads will be helpful:
        Nowadays, data is far more valuable than the software. At EspoCRM, we believe that data migration is one of the most important features that any CRM should have, as it allows you to have the information readily available if needed.

Sometimes, for whatever reason, it is preferred to bypass Espo's built in field validation rules to avoid triggering the "Field Validation Error" message and interrupting the back end program flow. Fortunately, this is now possible using metadata settings, so it is not necessary to do any coding to accomplish this.

Comment

Working...
        X