Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with the view list of a custom entity type person

Hello,

"normally" I use the field "name" as 1. column in my view list.
    With a formula I have created a content for field "name" here: name = string\concatenate(anrede, ‘ ‘ , titel, ‘ ‘, lastName, ‘ ‘, firstName);
    I checked the content via a DB-Manager - it's ok.
    In Layouts I declaired the field "name" as 1. column.
    In administration - settings - local settings in the box format of name for persons I can't chose "name" only variants of first_name and last_name and also not let it empty.
    So in my view list of persons it shows the set of local-settings from settings - it seems, that the field "name" was (output)-overwritten by the definition of local-settings.
    Is this a bug or by design? Why? Has to do with the following workflows that depends on this setting? Has to do with: email, contact and meetings are separate entitiest ... and their workflows?
    How can I change this? (OK - I could design a new entity with type "base", or I can create a new field which I can use for 1. column ...)

Christoph

screenshot available ?

Comment

1st screenshot shows administration - settings - local settings
      2nd screenshot shows declaration of list in entity-manager, Layouts, List
      3rd screenshot shows scren output of list personen
      4st screenshot shows SQL-output of field "name"
      You can see, that the screen-output of the list personen ist NOT the content of the field "name" in the database - it's the output of "last_name first_name" of the declaration in administration - settings - local settings
      That's not consistent at this place ... but may be there is a reason why not ...
      That was my (main) question.

For my use I do the following:
      - create a text-field person
      - change function in formula from name = ... to person = string\concatenate(anrede, ' ', titel, ' ', lastName, ' ', firstName);
      - change declaration of list for 1st column from name to person
      ... but I didn't know the consequences of possible workflows ... if there are some.

Christoph

Comment

Originally posted by ctheuring View Post
        Hello,

"normally" I use the field "name" as 1. column in my view list.
        With a formula I have created a content for field "name" here: name = string\concatenate(anrede, ‘ ‘ , titel, ‘ ‘, lastName, ‘ ‘, firstName);
        I checked the content via a DB-Manager - it's ok.
        In Layouts I declaired the field "name" as 1. column.
        In administration - settings - local settings in the box format of name for persons I can't chose "name" only variants of first_name and last_name and also not let it empty.
        So in my view list of persons it shows the set of local-settings from settings - it seems, that the field "name" was (output)-overwritten by the definition of local-settings.
        Is this a bug or by design? Why? Has to do with the following workflows that depends on this setting? Has to do with: email, contact and meetings are separate entitiest ... and their workflows?
        How can I change this? (OK - I could design a new entity with type "base", or I can create a new field which I can use for 1. column ...)

Christoph
        Hey,

Person entity has already name set as a full name (same as contacts - leads) why do you have to add formula ? the field name is type of personName which means it will give you the desired behavior by default why do you need to change its behavior.

Comment

Hello Rabii,

because the default is not usefull for me.
          I have more than 100.000 persons in my database from different countries.
          From firstName you can't look at the gender (i.E. Maria is a male name in Italy) - so I need the salutation.
          For i.e. Austria it is more than unkindly not to use the degree - so I need the degree ... because I want to sell him something (remember it's an CRM-program)
          enough reasons?
          ... and it's not an explanation, why the progam-mask on screen shows other than in the database (with SQL).

Christoph
          P.S.
          here https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/inte...de-translation I described some differences of english and german CRM (sorry, in german)
          Last edited by ctheuring; 08-21-2023, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Then maybe you should try and use a afterSave Hook, because formula is based on beforeSave and if i am not mistaken the personName is generated after save.

Comment

Working...
            X