deleted fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deleted fields

Entity-manager -> I delete a field of an entity.
    If I show the table in a databaseManager (here DBWorkbench6) the field is still there.
    Is this correct - meens espo didn't delete the field really and only marked it as deleted (same as deleted rows)?
    Can a delete the field with the help of my databaseManager (to keep the database slight)?

Christoph

Yes, EspoCRM first flags items as deleted, when you delete something.

If you check the option "Clean up deleted records​" in the misc section of the settings in the admin panel, the clean-up job will delete those items.

However there is also this setting:

cleanupDeletedRecordsPeriod – '3 months' – complete deletion of records that were marked as deleted (deleted = 1);​

If you dont specify another time in the config file, the deletion of those items will only happen when 3 months have passed. This is the default and you have to add the line to the config file.

Comment

I can only add to ThomasB's answer that Clean up deleted records applies only to deleted records, and not to the fields that you created in Entity Manager. If you need to delete them as well, then it should be done, for example, through phpMyAdmin.
      Last edited by victor; 08-16-2023, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ctheuring View Post
        Entity-manager -> I delete a field of an entity.
        If I show the table in a databaseManager (here DBWorkbench6) the field is still there.
        Is this correct - meens espo didn't delete the field really and only marked it as deleted (same as deleted rows)?
        Can a delete the field with the help of my databaseManager (to keep the database slight)?

Christoph
        As of version 7.4 there is a command that will delete unused fields from database.

PHP Code:
        php command.php rebuild --hard 
        Read more about it here https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat.../#hard-rebuild

Comment

Working...
        X