EmailTemplate - Subject

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EmailTemplate - Subject

When I create an email template and enter a subject, it is correctly always applied.

But this is not so practical when I use the template for replying to an email.

So, is there a way to apply the subject only to new mails and not to reply-mails?

Thanks in advance,
    Stefan

If I understand you correctly, you want to use an Email Template when replying to emails, which would not overwrite the Subject in the email you are creating.
    In this case, you just need to create a copy of your Email Template, in which the Subject will be empty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	127
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	95965

Comment

• Stefan
      Stefan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for yor answer victor.

I guess I didn't make my question very clear, sorry.

I have several email templates which I use partly as replies and partly as first-mails. My question was, if there is a simpler resp. a solution for all templates, so that the subject is only used for first mails. To create a variant with subject and one without for all email templates seems a bit uncomfortable to me. And I just wanted to ask here if there is a simpler solution.

• victor
      victor commented
      Editing a comment
      1. Press Replay.
      2. Copy the Subject, which looks like "Re: text test".
      3. Select the required Email Template.
      4. Replace the Subject filled in by your Email Template with the one you copied in point 2: "Re: text test".
Working...
X