Rerun workflow on everything from workflow log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rerun workflow on everything from workflow log

Hello guys, I accidentally made a mistake and recalculated one field (dateStart) in our entity via Scheduled workflow targeting the report result.

The thing is that I have added 14 days to dateStart but I did not add 14 days to dateEnd so now the dateEnd is earlier than dateStart and the duration is 0 days.

I would love to know if there is a way how to rerun the workflow so it targets all the records it changed before (everything is stored in the logs of the workflow).

If not, is there a way to use a report where the filter is something like dateEnd < dateStart and then run the workflow on this report?

Thanks a lot for the help.

If you did not make changes to these records after the workflow worked, then they all have approximately the same value in the modifiedAt field.
    - Based on this field, make a report, check if there are no extra records. If so, add the dateStart -> changed filter to the report. If your workflow changed something else, then changes in these fields should also be made in the filters of your report.
    - Include this report in a new workflow, which will change the Action dateEnd.​

Comment

• Jakub Grufik
      Jakub Grufik commented
      Editing a comment
      not possible because I have already recalculated formula for all of those afterwards thanks a lot for the tip anyway.

Create a report with the condition to retrieve the records that their dateEnd < dateStart or use Expression to query the exact difference between the two dates and then feed the report to a scheduled workflow to update the dateEnd, see screenshot for the report condition.

This is one way to sort this out.

Hope this helps mate
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
X