No announcement yet.

No email reception with smilie in text?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No email reception with smilie in text?

Hello,

can it be, if there is a smilie in the text, that EspoCRM does not pick up these mails?
    Just wrote with someone. Every mail arrived, just not the last one. To see what is different there, I saw that a smilie was used in the text.
    I was going to look for it here, but didn't find anything suitable, if this problem was already known.
    Does anyone know this problem? It is a bit inconvenient to have to look in the mailbox to see if a new unrecognized mail has arrived.​

Just noticed that emails with a prority e.g. High are not picked up either. Is this probably because EspoCRM does not support priorities either? At least I haven't found a way to assign a priority to an email.

Comment

See if you can reproduce it on the demo.

Comment

Hi ChrisSka83,

This post raises the same issue, regarding the fact that emoji in the name or in the body of an email lead to an error that prevents the email from being fetched to the instance: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...specific-emoji.
        In fact, the Emoji/character encoding problem is quite common.

As for the email with priorities fetching error: could you tell me which email provider do you use? This information is needed so that we can reproduce the error.
        In general, by default, in EspoCRM there is an Important folder for emails, and you can transfer the necessary emails there.​
        Last edited by lazovic; 06-28-2023, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• ChrisSka83
          ChrisSka83 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah that's why I didn't find it. I only searched for smilie, but not for emoji.

ChrisSka83,

To resolve the issue with fetching emails with emoji, try to set the value of charset parameter to utf8mb4 in {your_instance_folder}/data/config-internal.php file:

'charset' => 'utf8mb4',

Comment

data/config-internal.php:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	155
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	94694

Comment

Originally posted by yuri View Post
            data/config-internal.php:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	155
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	94694
            Do we still need to do this if we update to v7.5.5?

Comment

lazovic & yuri thx

Thank you, that has already solved my problem. The email came into the system shortly after.

Do I need to change the entry in the file victor mentions
            application/Espo/Core/ORM/DatabaseParamsFactory.php
            or is that not necessary?​

Comment

• victor
              victor commented
              Editing a comment
              If your version of EspoCRM is NOT 7.5.5, but, for example, 7.5.4, then it is necessary.
              If your version is 7.5.5, then no need.

In other words: version 7.5.5 fixes this problem.

• ChrisSka83
              ChrisSka83 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, that answers my question. Have already updated to 7.5.5.

So now I have another reception problem, but this time not with emojis, but with square brackets [ ].
            I assume that these are to blame, because emails with square brackets in the subject are not picked up in my Espo distance.​

Comment

• espcrm
              espcrm commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't think [ ] affect EspoCRM at all. We use them for ours reference, for example [12345] and it work fine with receiving and sending. Some else is causing the filter. For me email don't get filter but I can't see in-line image sometime.

People say it is due to the Image but I haven't figure out exactly what, my only guess it is iPhone image codec but it work fine if I use my webmail, but EspoCRM display image error or image not allow.

• ChrisSka83
              ChrisSka83 commented
              Editing a comment
              For me, it's about the emails from "Eblasoft" that come directly from his EspoCRM distance.
              I just noticed that his are never read in for me and the only difference was just the square brackets.

• espcrm
              espcrm commented
              Editing a comment
              Can you forward the email to yourself and see if EspoCRM still fail to download/pick it up?

Can you try the same with the [ ] remove and see if it work.

This is how I would try to 'debug'.

Then try from a total new email with what you believe to be an issue.

Then do a copy/paste of the email (fresh new email Send) to yourself
          Working...
          X