No email reception with smilie in text?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • esforim
    commented on 's reply
    Can you forward the email to yourself and see if EspoCRM still fail to download/pick it up?

    Can you try the same with the [ ] remove and see if it work.

    This is how I would try to 'debug'.

    Then try from a total new email with what you believe to be an issue.

    Then do a copy/paste of the email (fresh new email Send) to yourself

  • ChrisSka83
    commented on 's reply
    For me, it's about the emails from "Eblasoft" that come directly from his EspoCRM distance.
    I just noticed that his are never read in for me and the only difference was just the square brackets.

  • esforim
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think [ ] affect EspoCRM at all. We use them for ours reference, for example [12345] and it work fine with receiving and sending. Some else is causing the filter. For me email don't get filter but I can't see in-line image sometime.

    People say it is due to the Image but I haven't figure out exactly what, my only guess it is iPhone image codec but it work fine if I use my webmail, but EspoCRM display image error or image not allow.

  • ChrisSka83
    replied
    So now I have another reception problem, but this time not with emojis, but with square brackets [ ].
    I assume that these are to blame, because emails with square brackets in the subject are not picked up in my Espo distance.​

    Leave a comment:


  • ChrisSka83
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, that answers my question. Have already updated to 7.5.5.

  • victor
    commented on 's reply
    If your version of EspoCRM is NOT 7.5.5, but, for example, 7.5.4, then it is necessary.
    If your version is 7.5.5, then no need.

    In other words: version 7.5.5 fixes this problem.

  • ChrisSka83
    replied
    lazovic & yuri thx

    Thank you, that has already solved my problem. The email came into the system shortly after.

    Do I need to change the entry in the file victor mentions
    application/Espo/Core/ORM/DatabaseParamsFactory.php
    or is that not necessary?​

    Leave a comment:


  • victor
    commented on 's reply
    In v7.5.5 - no https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/c...ca0d094f8190a8

  • esforim
    replied
    Originally posted by yuri
    data/config-internal.php:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	372
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	94694​
    Do we still need to do this if we update to v7.5.5?

    Leave a comment:


  • yuri
    replied
    data/config-internal.php:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	372
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	94694​

    Leave a comment:


  • ChrisSka83
    commented on 's reply
    Ah that's why I didn't find it. I only searched for smilie, but not for emoji.

  • lazovic
    replied
    ChrisSka83,

    To resolve the issue with fetching emails with emoji, try to set the value of charset parameter to utf8mb4 in {your_instance_folder}/data/config-internal.php file:

    'charset' => 'utf8mb4',

    Leave a comment:


  • lazovic
    replied
    Hi ChrisSka83,

    This post raises the same issue, regarding the fact that emoji in the name or in the body of an email lead to an error that prevents the email from being fetched to the instance: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...specific-emoji.
    In fact, the Emoji/character encoding problem is quite common.

    As for the email with priorities fetching error: could you tell me which email provider do you use? This information is needed so that we can reproduce the error.
    In general, by default, in EspoCRM there is an Important folder for emails, and you can transfer the necessary emails there.​
    Last edited by lazovic; 06-28-2023, 08:37 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • esforim
    replied
    See if you can reproduce it on the demo.

    Leave a comment:


  • ChrisSka83
    replied
    Just noticed that emails with a prority e.g. High are not picked up either. Is this probably because EspoCRM does not support priorities either? At least I haven't found a way to assign a priority to an email.

    Leave a comment:

Working...