Multi-enum limit 20, how to increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-enum limit 20, how to increase?

Hey guys, multi-enum field provides me only 20 options, I have to add like 100, please help me with any options
    Thanks

I was able to add up to 50 options without issues.

Maybe you could edit your .json manually and addthe entries there?

what version of Espo are you running?
    Last edited by Kharg; 05-25-2023, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Hi guy,
      i will not interfer to this .. but 100 options as multi-enum is not a "conception good choose".
      multi-enum is for max 10 entry... above, you must create a relationship.
      EspoCrm give you the oportunuity to make a relationship like "Link Multiple Field " ..

It's just my advice.. take it or not.

Comment

You can define the options available in your multi-enum field dynamically, using the method setupOptions() in your target field instead of hard coded in metadata, to avoid artificial limits.

For an example on doing this, check this link: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...s/field.js#L73

Regarding having such a large number of options in a multi-enum, I am not sure if it is practical from a data entry point of view.

Perhaps you should consider making the options dependent on another value to limit the number of options available for different Users.

If you are interested in this approach, this link provides a great guide: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...1706#post61706

Comment

I solved a similar problem, when I needed a lot of multi enum options, by a separate entity only for the values. Each of my client has different values and it would be nonsense to provide all clients with all values possible. This way, the user can save the individual values in the separate entity and fetch them by a multiple link to the other entity.

Comment

thanks for all replies, the point is to add a "keyword" to a record, and then, search by keywords, multi-enum works perfectly, but limited to 20 in GUI, what would be the best approach? Thanks

Comment

have you considered a multi-enum field works as a tag field. you can define default options and constrains users from adding more. this way the search will be tacked.

Comment

>have you considered a multi-enum field works as a tag field. you can define default options and constrains users from adding more. this way the search will be tacked.

I did, but it limits to 20

Comment

I don't know about such limitation. Might be you set this limit in field parameters.

Comment

You definitely have some set up that cause this behavior, i have tested this using multi0enum and i am able to exceed 20 items without any issues. Make sure on the field parameters you don't check (Max Item Count) as this will limit the number of items allowed. see attached a screenshot with 32 items.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, I was able to add using the crm data files (metadata, etc)
                      Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X