Cron jobs - Scheduled jobs are not running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cron jobs - Scheduled jobs are not running

Hello. I would appreciate any advice. I'm hosting EspoCRM on Hostinger and following their instructions on setting up a cron job with special characters.

I get the following line to add to the crontab file to run Espo Scheduled Jobs:
    * * * * * cd /home/u23731xxxx/domains/xxxxxxxxxx.com/public_html/crm; /opt/alt/php81/usr/bin/php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1
    When I create.sh file and add the text above (I tried with and without * * * * * cd) and create a corn job, I get the error: Line 2: is a directory
    I tried a few other options so it points to the file and not just the directory (e.g.,/home/u23731xxxx/domains/xxxxxxxxxx.com/public_html/crm/bash.sh, etc.). And results are still negative.

So what am I doing wrong? I would greatly appreciate any help or hints.​

Hi,

it's in french, but you need to do there. not bash.sh file or anything else.
    i think you need add just this part :

crm/cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

and set the other setting to
    all minutes
    all hours

EDIT
    Haaa Sorry,

Hope someone can help ..
    Last edited by item; 05-10-2023, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Hi there!

Thanks a lot for the prompt assistance. The second link actually helped! Well, I do believe so. At least it doesn't show the "Scheduled jobs are not running" error anymore. In case anyone ever needs it too, I had to create .sh file anyways, but instead of the code provided in the EspoCRM admin panel, the following format went into the file:

#!/bin/sh
      /usr/bin/php /home/uxxxxxxxxx/domains/xxxxxxxxx.com/public_html/crm/cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Once again,​ thanks a lot!

Originally posted by item View Post
      Hi,

it's in french, but you need to do there. not bash.sh file or anything else.
      i think you need add just this part :

crm/cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

and set the other setting to
      all minutes
      all hours

EDIT
      Haaa Sorry,

Hope someone can help ..

Comment

• RanDee
        RanDee commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, I have the same issue. I have tried your format of the script.sh file under the public_html folder but the error " Scheduled jobs are not running" still exists.
        May I know what option did you choose, PHP or custom? then what did you input in the "command to run" field? - thanks for the help

• rabii
        rabii commented
        Editing a comment
        you need to do it as custom because you are invoking other params. should be something like (* * * * * /bin/sh /home/your-id-here/domains/your-domain-here/public_html/script.sh)

• RanDee
        RanDee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Rabii, I have tried your suggestion but it doesn't seem to work on me.

.sh file>

#!/bin/sh
        /usr/bin/php /home/uxxxxxxxxx/domains/lxxxxxxxx.com/public_html/crm/cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

command to run file>

*****/bin/sh home/uxxxxxxxxx/domains/xxxxxxxx.com/public_html/script.sh

Thanks Rabii, I have tried your suggestion but it doesn't seem to work on me.

.sh file>

#!/bin/sh
      /usr/bin/php /home/uxxxxxxxxx/domains/lxxxxxxxx.com/public_html/crm/cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

command to run file>

*****/bin/sh home/uxxxxxxxxx/domains/xxxxxxxx.com/public_html/script.sh​​

Comment

Here is what is working for:

i have the .sh in a folder named script (file name is espo.sh) content of the file below: (note that my instance is installed under a subdomain app) - my main domain is using php8.1

PHP Code:
        #!/bin/sh
        cd /home/uxxxxxxxx/domains/mydomain.co.uk/public_html/app; /opt/alt/php81/usr/bin/php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1​ 

Command to run file (Please note that you have to have / before home)

PHP Code:
        * * * * * /bin/sh /home/uxxxxxxxxx/domains/mydomain.co.uk/public_html/scripts/espo.sh  ​ 

This set up above is working fine for my instance.

Comment

• RanDee
          RanDee commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Rabii... This format worked!

• rabii
          rabii commented
          Editing a comment
          you are welcome
      Working...
      X