Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request to set group email account as primary email account for sending emails.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request to set group email account as primary email account for sending emails.

Hello Espo team, We currently use SMTP for sending and receiving emails, and we save users' personal email accounts in the email field of the user entity for two-factor verification through email. However, we use a corporate email for sending and receiving emails for our organization. Recently, I encountered an issue where I created a group email account and shared it with all team members so that they can use it for sending and receiving emails. However, when we try to send an email from the email scope or entity, the primary email account used for sending emails is the user's personal email account, which we haven't configured into the system. To resolve this issue, I would like to set the primary email account for sending emails as the group email account that the admin shared with all team members.

Thanks in Advance

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	268
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	91989

customerservice is our primary email ​

Hi @yubrajkafle​,

Do I understand correctly that the problem is that the User needs to choose between a corporate and personal email address when creating an email?

Comment

victor yes this is the issue . is there any solution ?

Comment

For the 2FA Method (by Email), the User A does not need a Personal Email Account. He will still receive an email with a code.

- That is, for User A, you leave the user email in the Primary email address.
        - Make Personal Email Account at this address inactive, or assign it to another User.
        - You grant access to the Group Email Account to User A.

With the settings listed above, User A will be able to use the provided only SMTP from Group Email Account when creating an Email.​
        Last edited by yuri; 05-08-2023, 03:56 PM.

Comment

victor we havent setup any personal email

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	156
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	92034

as you can see . this is personal email
          and there is no any personal email setup in system but when we try to create a email this email is primary email . i want to make group email as a default email for sending email

Comment

- If you did not give User A access to one of the Personal Email Accounts (it's important not to confuse it with the email address specified in the user profile) in which SMTP is configured and you did not grant permission to use a Group Email Account in which SMTP is configured, then when creating he will have an email (screenshot 1).

- If User A has access to the SMTP Group Email Account, but does not have access to the Personal Email Account, then the email he creates will look like shown in the screenshot 2.

- Access to the Group Email Account is provided in its settings (screenshot 3).

- Access to a specific User is provided in the settings of his Role and/or in the settings of his Team (screenshot 4).

- Don't forget to periodically reload the page after changes in the settings (the User A affected by the changes as well) and do a Rebuild. And don't confuse the Personal Email Account assigned or not assigned to User A with the email address specified in his profile (screenshot 5).​
            Attached Files

Comment

Dear rabii ,

I am writing to inform you that I have attempted to disable access to the personal account and have granted access to the group email address. However, I am encountering an issue where the primary email address is still being displayed from the user's entity email address.

Upon removing and leaving the user's email address blank, the primary email address defaults to the group email address. However, if I remove the email address from the user entity entirely, the user will be unable to receive the authentication password.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Comment

I apologize for confusing you a bit. Everything described above refers to the Espo Cloud. Can such functionality be transferred to a normal instance? Probably yes, but with certain changes in the code or in config. Perhaps one of the more experienced users will be able to advise.

Comment

Dear @yubrajkafle
                  did you found a solution for your problem?
                  I am also struggling for a solution on this...

Cheers, Sven

Comment

Working...
                  X