Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatically prefilled/populated fields in quotes/invoices

Hello Dear Espo Community!

I have purchased Sales Pack, But i cant quite figure out the rules of auto filling "Billing address" and "Shipping Address" in quotes/invoices.

The issue is similar to this one:
    Dear team, When we create invoice, We can choose a contact from the list. if we select, it will automatically fillup datas in ( shipping address and billing address). Similarly i want to auto fillup data from contact to invoice field. Howits possible ?

"We can choose a contact from the list. if we select, it will automatically fillup datas in ( shipping address and billing address)."

But i didnt even get to that point. I want to make an Invoice. For me, it fills these forms (Addresses) only if I choose either "Account" or "Quote".
    It is like in this video here (14s): https://youtu.be/DKwd0R0NKWw?t=14

But if I try to choose "Contact" - nothing happens.

So far i did:
    - Switch to B2C mode (since we are B2C and we issue invoices to our "Contacts")
    - made a direct relation between "Contacts" and "Invoices" Entities

it didn't help.

Could you please tell me why is it happening? Is it supposed to do that? The way ESPO can prefill forms is quite handy and I would like to use this method for other fields (Like, prefill items from a quote into an Invoice, with the ability to edit them in the Invoce).

Kindly thank you for the support!

Hi Prez,

If you have no coding skills and want the functionality of the Sales Pack extension to work with Contacts instead of Accounts, the simplest steps can be:
    1. Remove all unnecessary fields (related to Accounts) from Layout Manager: Invoice, Invoice Item, Quote, Quote Item, Sales Order, Sales Order Item (if you plan to use only Invoice, then changes in Invoice and Invoice Item will suffice).​​​​
    2. Create in Administration -> Entity Manager -> Contact -> Relationships all above mentioned entities Relationships, similar to those already created with Accounts.
    3. Create new required or use existing system fields (for example, those related to address) in Administration -> Entity Manager -> Contact -> Fields. And display them in the Layout manager.
    4. In Administration -> Entity Manager -> Invoice, Quote and Sales Order -> Formula create a number of necessary formulas that will fill your fields under different conditions (for example, those related to address).
    5. Or create several Workflows that will fill these fields under different conditions. However, for this option you must have the Advanced Pack extension installed.​​
    Note that the fields will be filled in only after saving the data, and not in automatic mode, as is the case for Accounts.
    Last edited by victor; 04-27-2023, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Prez
      Prez commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi!

I will try, but i think I will need Professional help in the future.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day!
Working...
X