• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb Question

Hello,
    I have a an issue on how to do this :

Customers(Accounts)
    Locations : each account have many locations
    Contracts: Each account can have a contract which contains one or many locations

If i create for example a new contract and choose an Account , when i select a location i only want locations that belongs to the account selected
    as of now when i try to select a location , the linked field shows all the locations including the ones that don't belong to that acccount​...

Any suggestions?

Hi Mattwi,

Provide screenshots of Customers, Locations, and Contracts records in detail view, so we can find the best solution for you.​

Example:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	141.5 KB ID:	88797

Comment

Originally posted by Mattwi View Post
      Hello,
      I have a an issue on how to do this :

Customers(Accounts)
      Locations : each account have many locations
      Contracts: Each account can have a contract which contains one or many locations

If i create for example a new contract and choose an Account , when i select a location i only want locations that belongs to the account selected
      as of now when i try to select a location , the linked field shows all the locations including the ones that don't belong to that acccount​...

Any suggestions?
      you need to create a custom view for your location on the contract. try this below:

1 - create a custom view for your locations field under contract, create a file in this path client\custom\src\views\contract\fields\locations. js and paste the code below
      Code:
      define('custom:views/contract/fields/locations', 'views/fields/link', function (Dep) {
      return Dep.extend({
      getSelectFilters: function () {
      if (this.model.get('accountId')) {
      return {
      'account': {
      type: 'equals',
      attribute: 'accountId',
      value: this.model.get('accountId'),
      data: {
      type: 'is',
      nameValue: this.model.get('accountName')
      }
      }
      };
      }
      },
      getCreateAttributes: function () {
      if (this.model.get('accountId')) {
      return {
      id: this.model.get('accountId'),
      name: this.model.get('accountName')
      }
      }
      }
      });
      });​​
      2 - add the custom view of your locations field under your entityDefs Contract.json (under custom\Espo\Custom\Resources\metadata\entityDefs\C ontract.json)
      Code:
      {
      "fields": {
      "locations": {
      "type": "link",
      "view": "custom:views/contract/fields/locations"
      }
      }
      }​​
      I am assuming that the name of the field is (locations) on contract. this should allow to filter only locations of the current contract's account.

Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
      X