• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between not set and disabled in admin->roles->access

Under administration, roles and access you can set entities on
    enabled (its works and is visible),
    disabled (not visible) and
    not-set.

I am wondering what the difference is between disabled and not-set? Documentation says nothing about these settings.

Thanks for your effort!

Hi,

It means it will be skipped, see below definition based on article provided:
    • “enabled” – which means that user has access to this scope;
    • “disabled” – which means that user doesn’t have access to this scope;
    • “not-set” – which means that it will be skipped.
    ​You can read more about how to set up the roles and permissions here https://www.espocrm.com/tips/security-roles/

Hope this helps

Comment

As multiple roles are merged into one before being applied to a user, not-set scope levels will be skipped upon merging.

Examples of two roles being merged:

all + not-set = all
      team + not-set = team
      own + not-set = own
      no + not-set = no
      not-set + not-set = no

all + team = all (more permissive get a higher priority)
      team + own = team (more permissive get a higher priority)

Comment

• yuri
        yuri commented
        Editing a comment
        One role may define only certain scopes. E.g. Sales person role defines levels for Leads, Opportunities, Contacts, Accounts, but does not define for Cases, Knowledge Base Articles (these are not-set).

It makes possible applying both Sales person on Support person roles for a user. With the possibility, in the future, to make this user Sales manager, but not Support manager.

• Akemi
        Akemi commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Yuri, thanks for your elaborate answer.
        I understand the merging principle. I was looking at it from a one role perspective.

If i set for example for role sales leads on disabled, is that technically the same as not-set?
        So does not-set only play a role when merging roles?

Here's some more information that might help understanding how roles, teams and permissions are related.

Can someone please explain how Roles work? I am having a hard time understanding how Roles work with Espo. I have a Real Estate CRM and I basically want to create different Roles for : Real Estate Agents, Listing Manager, I, Marketing Team, Office Manager etc. My question is not how to Create the Roles because I already did
      Last edited by telecastg; 02-23-2023, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X