Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Portal User can't create a records due to (Required Assigneduser)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portal User can't create a records due to (Required Assigneduser)

Hi,

We have a situation where we want to allow our partner (partner portal users) to be able to create meeting related to their account. we have set up the permission on their role and it works fine but the problem is that when the partner user portal try to create a meeting from portal session they get stuck with error (AssignedUser required) even if we allow them to read/edit assignedUser field they can't assign the meeting to themselves.

issue is that we need the assignedUser field on Meeting to be required for all user (internal and external) but not sure how to allow our external (portal users) to create meetings without such restriction. this could be applied to any other entity (Call | Task etc...)

Anyone knows how to solve this.

Thanks

Hi rabii,

As a workaround, I suggest you create a field with the Enum type, which will store the names of users who can be asigned at all, then make a Workflow that will respond to the creation of Meetings by a portal user and which will asign the desired user in accordance with the selected value of the Enum type field. That is, when the portal user selects the John Doe value in the Enum field, for example, Workflow will automatically assign John Doe to the meeting after creation.

If you need a detailed description of this process, just tell me, and I will describe all the necessary points in more detail.

Comment

• rabii
      rabii commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your reply. as mentioned issue is that portal user can't save the meeting hence the validation (assignedUser is required) is triggered and stops the portal user from saving the record. Also i have found out that Portal User can't be assigned to any record at all and it is built in the core function of how the CRM works. Only way is to make assignedUser Not Required but this is against our internal policy. still confused how this could be achieved without any heavy customisation.

Thanks for your reply though much appreciated.

• Kharg
      Kharg commented
      Editing a comment
      Rabii can’t you use Dynamic Logic to make the assigned user field required only if the enum assigned user field for portal users is not set and reverse? that would solve your issue

Hey Kharg

No it didn't work the main problem is that the portal user has no control over assignedUser and even i allow them to modify it still the system doesn't accept having assignedUser as portal.

Comment

Working...
    X