Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom field to calendar view?

Hi!
    Is it possible to add a custom date field on the custom record to a calendar view?
    Thanks

yes you can create your own custom date field and it will be available to add to any entity.

Comment

• shalmaxb
      shalmaxb commented
      Editing a comment
      As far as I see, Calendar is not an entity.

Hi Russ,

I think that without programming skills, you will not be able to add fields to the Calendar view. Therefore, an alternative option can be a formula or workflow that will change the names of your Task, Meeting, Call, etc. (or add phones, contact names, etc. to the name).
    But in this case, all the information will be in one line.​

Comment

Thanks guys!
      My question is more narrow, I have a date time field, what should I do to make this field like a due date field so the whole record will appear on the calendar?

Comment

Russ,

You can try this option when Name is appended with " ," and a value from your field. I specially made it more difficult with the Status field (something else is possible) so that the name," ,", russdatetime does not occur after each update of the record.
        Code:
        $newName = string\concatenate(name, ', ', russdatetime);
        ifThen(
              russdatetime != null && status == 'Planned',
              name = $newName
              );​
        The calendar looks as shown in the screenshot.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by victor View Post
          Russ,

You can try this option when Name is appended with " ," and a value from your field. I specially made it more difficult with the Status field (something else is possible) so that the name," ,", russdatetime does not occur after each update of the record.
          Code:
          $newName = string\concatenate(name, ', ', russdatetime);
          ifThen(
          russdatetime != null && status == 'Planned',
          name = $newName
          );​
          The calendar looks as shown in the screenshot.
          Thanks so much!
          But where do I add this formula? To my entity or somewhere else? If to the entity, my entity already has it's name, looks like it is some sort of a calendar event?

Comment

It's not just a field, but a whole new entity, called vacations, it has date start and date end, and I would like to show them on the calendar view..

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
              Thanks so much!
              But where do I add this formula? To my entity or somewhere else? If to the entity, my entity already has it's name, looks like it is some sort of a calendar event?
              The formula should be registered in the Administration > Entity Manager > YOUR_ENTITY_NAME > Formula.

It's not just a field, but a whole new entity, called vacations, it has date start and date end, and I would like to show them on the calendar view..
              Please write what your Name should ideally look like for Entity (this is needed to change the formula). I mean the date and time format, separators between dateStart and dateEnd. It is desirable to specify like:
              Code:
              2022-11-02 05:00:00 / 2022-11-02 08:00:00
              or like:
              Code:
              2022-11-02 5 a.m. ---- 2022-11-02 8 a.m.
              Note that in Calendar mode, time start - time end will always be indicated before Name (as shown on screenshot).
              Attached Files
              Last edited by victor; 11-09-2022, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Thank you so much, Victor!

Comment

Working...
                X