Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push opportunity stages based on filled in information

Hello everyone,

I am new to EspoCRM and as part of my internship, I was asked to try setting it up.

What I am trying to achieve is to have some kind of automation on the different stages of opportunities, based on the information given.

Lets say, the first stage wants the user to fill in 3 required fields. If those are filled, I either want the opportunity to be automatically pushed to the next stage or (if the automation is not possible) the user is now allowed to push it to the next stage.

The next stage adds another few required fields and so on.

Is there a way to accomplish that?

Thanks in advance!

You can use hooks or formula to achieve this. Here you can add conditionals to define your conditions and if they are satisfied, you can move the stage accordingly.

Hook can be added in the custom/Espo/Custom/Hooks/<Entity_Name>.php file.

Formula would go in the custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/formula/<Entity_Name>.json file.

Comment

Hi @JHF2007​,

Your case is solved by a simple Workflow https://docs.espocrm.com/administration/workflows/
      or you can use a more complex tool: Business Process Management https://docs.espocrm.com/administration/bpm/. In both cases, you must have it pre-installed Advanced Pack https://www.espocrm.com/extensions/advanced-pack/.

Your case can be solved, for example, like this:
      1. Go to the Administration -> Entity Manager -> Opportunity -> Fields -> Stage and check the "Read-only" option so that users cannot change the stage, but can see it. screenshot 1
      2. Go to the Administration -> Workflows and create a Workflow in which the conditions will be: three non-empty fields, and the action - changing the stage to the one you need.​​ screenshot 2
      Attached Files
      Last edited by victor; 09-01-2022, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JHF2007 View Post
        Hello everyone,

I am new to EspoCRM and as part of my internship, I was asked to try setting it up.

What I am trying to achieve is to have some kind of automation on the different stages of opportunities, based on the information given.

Lets say, the first stage wants the user to fill in 3 required fields. If those are filled, I either want the opportunity to be automatically pushed to the next stage or (if the automation is not possible) the user is now allowed to push it to the next stage.

The next stage adds another few required fields and so on.

Is there a way to accomplish that?

Thanks in advance!
        if you have advanced pack a BPMN flowchart would be suitable for such logic.

Comment

Thank you all for your answer, it seems like the option of using the advances pack is the best solution. As soon as I have the chance, I will ask my boss if its possible to get it.

Comment

Working...
          X