Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data from note to case

Hello,

I have a workflow. when creating a new note, data should be copied from the note (field post) to a field (field posttext) of the connected case.
    Unfortunately the code does not work.

posttext = entity\attribute('note.post');

Does anyone have any ideas?

Peter

Hi peterberlin

Please provide a screenshot of a Workflow, so we can find the best solution for you.

Comment

Hi Vadym

I'll explain my problem in more detail.

We use the modal "cases" very intensively. Often, incoming emails become a case. This works well.
      Unfortunately, further incoming e-mails are assigned to the respective case, but the change of the status of the case, as an indication of the case handler, does not work reliably.
      It is very bad when emails arrive and no one notices.

I have been looking for a solution for a long time.

Subsequent emails are filed under activities but also as a note.
      A workflow is activated when a note is created from an e-mail. It changes the status of the case.
      This all works very securely.

Parallel to the status change of the case, an e-mail is to be sent containing the content of the e-mail that triggered the status change.
      This information is stored in the description of the note. However, I cannot create an e-mail template for the note.
      That's why I wanted to copy the description of the note into a field of the case. This way I can send this information.

peter

Comment

Hi peterberlin

Tell me please do you use the email-to-case feature?
        Cases can be distributed to users of a specific team. There are three available distribution rules: direct assignment, round-robin and less-busy.

Also, please provide screenshots of a Workflow to investigate this issue in more detail.

Comment

Hello Vadym,

we have been using e-mail to fall for 7 years. We use 6 email addresses with which one team each receives the cases.

The processing of cases is organised in two ways.
          Variant A.
          When a new case is received, no one is informed.
          The members of the team look at the list of cases and process the cases.

Variant B.
          A new case is assigned to a team and the admin assigns the case to a team member. When the assignment is made, the processor is informed by an e-mail about a new case.

Both variants work very well.

The problem starts when another email arrives for an existing case (open or closed), the congestion of the case should change.
          This function is not included in the standard ESPO. There are workarounds for this in the forum.
          Since these do not work reliably, I have tried to solve the problem via a workflow, which did not work reliably either. About 10 ...20 % of the e-mails were not responded to.

Now I use a workflow to evaluate every new note that is added to an existing case. This works 100 %.

Unfortunately, I cannot send the description of the note by e-mail to the agents of the respective case.

We use two Espo CRMs. The problems are the same in both installations and I now have the same solution.
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The workflow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Workflow1.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	81234

Comment

Originally posted by peterberlin View Post
            Hello,

I have a workflow. when creating a new note, data should be copied from the note (field post) to a field (field posttext) of the connected case.
            Unfortunately the code does not work.

posttext = entity\attribute('note.post');

Does anyone have any ideas?

Peter
            Hi Peter,

Please try if the following Formula works for you:
            Code:
            $noteId = record\findOne('Note', 'createdAt', 'desc', 'parentId=', id);
            posttext = record\attribute('Note', $noteId, 'post');

Comment

Hello Vadym
              Thank you very much.
              But the formula does not work. I have looked at it and I don't understand this part.

'parentId=', id);

The workflow is running for the Note module.
              I have seen in the dataset in the table Note.
              parent_type is case
              The case id cannot be the same as the note id.

Comment

Dear peterberlin,

Please note that parentId(Note) = id(Case) in this case.
                To solve the issue, you have to change the link from "Related" to "Parent" in the `Update Related Record` action, as shown on a screenshot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2022-07-08 16-39-33.png Views:	0 Size:	43.0 KB ID:	81483
                Last edited by Vadym; 07-08-2022, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Hi Vadym,

I have now understood your formula.
                  But I cannot select "parent" in our system, only "super parent".
                  Unfortunately, it still doesn't work.

Comment

Hi peterberlin,

Strange that a `Parent` link is not available for you.
                    Perhaps your Advanced Pack version is outdated.

In this case, please remove `Update Related Entitites` action.
                    Create `Execute Formula Script` action with the following Formula:
                    Code:
                    $caseId = entity\attribute('parentId');
                    $status = record\attribute('Case', $caseId, 'status');
                    ifThen($status != 'New', record\update('Case', $caseId, 'status', 'Message arrived'));
                    record\update('Case', $caseId, 'posttext', post);
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	275
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	81520
                    Last edited by Vadym; 07-11-2022, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Hello Vadym

Thank you very much. But the script does not work. The status is not changed either.
                      We will update the Advanced pack in 3 weeks.
                      After that I will get back to you.

Comment

Dear peterberlin,

Can you provide a screenshot of your current Workflow with the changes described above?

Comment

Working...
                        X