Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanban View is disabled after shutting down the status logs in the stream

Hi guys,

I have just come across a very weird situation!

I want to disable logs in the stream of status field (in Tasks). So I have to do it in two places: first: uncheck "audited" in the status field, second: Edit Task entity -> "status field" - "none". In this way, I do not have any logs in the stream and no notifications bothering me.

But there is one BUT - after this procedure the Kanban View in Tasks becomes disabled!!!

I do not get it, why is it related to the status logs in the stream? What I have noticed, it is actually sensitive to any Enum field, thus I created a "Test Enum" (the field that I am not going to use) and selected it in order to have a Kanban View...

Did I miss something here? Why Kanban View becomes disabled if I do not want to see status logs in the stream? Have anyone encountered this problem as well? Is it a bug or is there an explanation for that?
    Attached Files

I just tested it and everything works fine, i have disabled "audited" on task status and the kanban view is still working fine. From your screenshot i can see that you choose Test Enum as the kanban field, make sure you use an enum field and not multi-enum. Multi-enum fields are not supported in the kanban view.

Comment

rabii did you try to make "Status Field" -> "none" in "Edit Entity" of Tasks? Does Kanban View still work in Tasks after this? In my case, the Kanban View button is still there, but when I press on it, the "Loading" message appears and it lasts for eternity, nothing happens...
      Attached Files

Comment

• Laimonas
        Laimonas commented
        Editing a comment
        I have checked my logs. When I make "Status Field" -> "none" in "Edit Entity" of Tasks, I receive 4 warnings:

[2021-12-07 07:24:13] WARNING: E_WARNING: rename(data\tmp\tmpF4D6.tmp,data/cache/application/metadata.php): Access is denied (code: 5) {"code":2,"message":"rename(data\\tmp\\tmpF4D6.tmp ,data/cache/application/metadata.php): Access is denied (code: 5)","file":"C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\espocrm708a\\applic ation\\Espo\\Core\\Utils\\File\\Manager.php","line ":344} []

[2021-12-07 07:24:13] WARNING: E_WARNING: rename(data\tmp\tmpF4D6.tmp,data/cache/application/metadata.php): Access is denied (code: 5) {"code":2,"message":"rename(data\\tmp\\tmpF4D6.tmp ,data/cache/application/metadata.php): Access is denied (code: 5)","file":"C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\espocrm708a\\applic ation\\Espo\\Core\\Utils\\File\\Manager.php","line ":366} []

[2021-12-07 07:24:13] WARNING: E_WARNING: rename(data\tmp\tmpF4D7.tmp,data/cache/application/metadata.php): Access is denied (code: 5) {"code":2,"message":"rename(data\\tmp\\tmpF4D7.tmp ,data/cache/application/metadata.php): Access is denied (code: 5)","file":"C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\espocrm708a\\applic ation\\Espo\\Core\\Utils\\File\\Manager.php","line ":344} []

[2021-12-07 07:24:13] WARNING: E_WARNING: rename(data\tmp\tmpF4D7.tmp,data/cache/application/metadata.php): Access is denied (code: 5) {"code":2,"message":"rename(data\\tmp\\tmpF4D7.tmp ,data/cache/application/metadata.php): Access is denied (code: 5)","file":"C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\espocrm708a\\applic ation\\Espo\\Core\\Utils\\File\\Manager.php","line ":366} []

You don't need to change status field to none, just check kanban view or uncheck it and everything will work just fine.
      Attached Files

Comment

rabii My main goal is to disable Task status update notifications, that is why I have chosen the status field to "none". I have also unchecked "Audited" in the status field. When these two actions are made I finally reach my goal - notifications are not showing up when Task status is updated. But, unfortunately, Kanban View becomes disabled!

If you know any other way how to disable status updates notifications - you are welcome to share them here

Comment

• rabii
          rabii commented
          Editing a comment
          I understand, i think best way just to disable audited on status field and you will good to go.
          Just set "Audited" = false (Administration -> Entity Manager -> Task -> Fields -> Status)

Hi Laimonas,

Just set "Audited" = false (Administration -> Entity Manager -> Task -> Fields -> Status), and select "Priority" or another custom Enum-type field it the "Status Field".

Note, one has to remember that kanban view is available only for those modules that have a drop-down list as it’s used to group cards into columns. To add kanban board to the Entity layout or change the stages you want to see on it, go to Administration > Entity Manager > Edit > Status Field, choose the field according to which the columns will be created and press Save button.
        What is a kanban? Kanban is a powerful tool for data visualization that helps you stay organized and productive throughout the working day. In other words, a kanban is a board with cards that are grouped into columns and can be easily moved from one column to another with a single mouse move.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-12-08_13-01.png Views:	0 Size:	39.5 KB ID:	77314
        Last edited by Vadym; 12-08-2021, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Ok, I think I got how it works

Once I set the "Priority" in the "Status Field" (in Edit Entity), the Kanban view stages become the stages of the "Priority" field.
          Then I uncheck "Audited" in the "Priority" field, but logs in the stream still don't turn off for the "Priority" field. Notifications didn't turn off as well.

This means that the "Audited" checkbox does not make changes to the field that is set in the "Status Field" (in Edit Entity).

For instance:

If I set "Status" in the "Status Field" (in Edit Entity), "Audited" checkbox does not make changes to the "Status" field logs in the stream (updates will be logged despite the "Audited" being checked or unchecked, Notifications will appear as well).

Or If I set "Priority" in the "Status Field" (in Edit Entity), the "Audited" checkbox does not make changes to the "Priority" field logs in the stream (updates will be logged despite the "Audited" being checked or unchecked, Notifications will appear as well).

Well, I guess the only way to get rid of status update Notifications is to get inside the code and make changes there...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Laimonas; 12-10-2021, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X