Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong team in fetched emails

Hi

I have problem with emails fetched trough IMAP in EspoCRM.
    My personal user is not linked to any team in EspoCRM, but the emails which I receive are getting linked to a team, which allows the team to view the emails. This should not be the case. Why are my emails linked to a team even if I'm not in a team?

Greetings
    Luca

Hi Luca,

What type of email account do you use? Personal or Group?
    Provide a screenshot of the Email Account and User's configuration to investigate your issue in more detail.
    Last edited by Vadym; 11-22-2021, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Hi

WE use both (personal an group), but I only use a personal email account.
      Attached you will find the user settings as well as the email account's settings.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi @lucakuehne

I think the reason is that you have set you a default team for your account, which means all records assigned to you will automatically set the teams as your default team. Try and remove a default team and the email will not be assigned to any teams.

see attached screenshot.

Cheers
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi rabii

No, there is no default team. "Kein(e)" simply means "None".

Comment

Hi lucakuehne

Are you sure that your account is only set for personal email, please check it was also added as a group email. I have tested the functionality and all works fine, email doesn't include teams by default unless if user has a default team (which is not your case). Can you share more info please ?

Thanks

Comment

I checked again an the email-address itself is never used in a group email account. But what my email-credentials are used to fetched a group-email-address:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Support Email Account.png
Views:	220
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	76845

Could this really be the problem? If so, this would be a problem, because there are no dedicated credentials for "support@domain.xy" because it is a group mailbox.
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes definitey this is what cause all the email to be attached to the support team because this group email support@**** is assigned to support team and it uses your credential to fetch emails that is why all emails on your email account luca.kuehne@**** will be assigned by default to the support team. I suggest to change this, never use the same credentials on many email accounts, it will cause you many problems. You can create a new email account for support@*** with different credentials and use that one for group email and keep your email account isolated to avoid this issue.

thanks

Comment

That's a pitty... To get dedicated credentials for a group-account we need to create it as a email-address like it is a person in Microsoft 365. This will cost us around USD 22 per month for every group email-address - just for EspoCRM... We don't have this problem anywhere else :-/

But thank you very much for your help!

Comment

I understand, you might use another free email like gmail for this support email. Personally i think it is not safe if you use your credentials on support group email this means you are displaying your personal email inbox content to the support team, i don't think it is a good practice. I think there is always a workaround if you just map it out correctly, e.g if i were in your position i might use email filters on both personal email inbox and group email inbox to filter which emails will go to each inbox based on certain conditions, e.g sent from, subject, received from etc. the email filter is very powerful in espocrm, check this out this two links i think you can still manage to keep both if you add the correct filters:

https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...#email-filters
                    Although the way and means of communication have changed a lot over the past few decades, emails are still remaining one of the most important forms of business communication.

Good luck
                    Best regards,
                    Last edited by rabii; 11-24-2021, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X