Make field Read Only if Status is "Booked"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make field Read Only if Status is "Booked"

FYI using espcloud - cannot use a code/backend suggestion :)

I was trying to do this by using the "condition for this field to be read only" option.

Here is the problem.

For the regular user, it works fine.
    For the Portal user, it doesn't have any effect

Question: do formulas only apply to regulars users on a given form and not users logging in via the portal accessing the same form?

The Use Case is the client wants to prevent a Portal user updating the Mentor (text) field if someone has already updated it. I was handling this by hiding the Status field from the Portal user. The regular user would change the Status at will, either editable or read only based on what they want to do.

But the condition doesn't seem to carry over to the Portal User view of the same form. In this case the Meeting Detail view.

Click image for larger version  Name:	espo read only.png Views:	0 Size:	12.7 KB ID:	67119

Hi there,
    I've tried to reproduce it in the Case entity with the default Description field and the custom field. It works good. In my case I faced a little issue with the browser cache but solved it with Ctrl + F5.
    Please check it.

Comment

Thanks Maximus, sorry I gave the wrong screen shot - it looks like it can't do 2 statements or I am not selecting it right?
      It works immediately for the teachers but the portal view, even with Ctrl+F5, they can still edit the field while the teacher's are locked out!

Tried
      • Status = Filled and Mentor Name not empty -
        • r/o for teacher view not for student
      • Mentor Name not empty and Status = Field-
        • r/o for teacher view not for student
      • Mentor Name not empty -
        • r/o for teacher and student view
        • not ideal as then it becomes a permanent un-editable record
      So I am wondering if I selected the statement the wrong way, can you please see if 2 conditions work for you?

Click image for larger version

Name:	espo status and pop field.png
Views:	475
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	67592

Comment

In my case, it works with 2 conditions as well.

Comment

on the teacher side and portal side?

maybe it's an espocloud thing or is that where you tested?

any ideas if my screen shot is exactly like yours why it's not working on the portal side in espocloud?

Comment

Could you create a ticket here https://portal.espocrm.com/? Probably we will need to log in your system in order to check it.

Comment

Working...
            X