Account / Contact Linking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account / Contact Linking

Hello there, back with another question that I can't seem to solve. I want the account details (company address etc etc) to populate under the circled section.

Right now, when I create a contact, it only allows me to add the Title...

I'd really like it to show more information than the company + title.

Hi Marcus,

See if this thread help. I asked the same question.

I have create a few new relationship which link perfectly. The issue is that it just link and I can't put a note on that linkages. I have to either use the Stream comments, description, activity or anything else to note the relationship. Is there a way to create this type of field (see screenshot), where I can write

Haven't gotten around in creating, testing and making it work yet (lack of time). But I believe you will need to have it as "Many to One" for Foreign field to work.

Comment

Hi guys, please check this post, may help in your case

I am pleased to announce for the new module "EspoCRM Link Multiple Inline Form", tell me if you found it useful, You can display any additional fields from the related item, also you can edit them inline https://youtu.be/fvllcGJhKNg

feel free to ask me any question
      Last edited by eymen.elkum; 02-25-2020, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
        Hi Marcus,

See if this thread help. I asked the same question.

I have create a few new relationship which link perfectly. The issue is that it just link and I can't put a note on that linkages. I have to either use the Stream comments, description, activity or anything else to note the relationship. Is there a way to create this type of field (see screenshot), where I can write

Haven't gotten around in creating, testing and making it work yet (lack of time). But I believe you will need to have it as "Many to One" for Foreign field to work.
        Hiya, I was able to give this a go and while it did indeed work, my milage varied. I had to create a foreign entity for every part of the address to show up under the contacts pane, however, it looked quite messy and I'm not sure if there is an easier way. Is there any way within the EspoCRM to just copy across the entire billing or shipping section rather than having to use individual entities?

I'm in a B2B industry and so it's highly unlikely I'd have my customers home address so without having to repeatidly retype the customers address for both contacts and accounts; it would be nice if there was a simpier way to have it post that info under the accounts link.

The solution you gave does *indeed* work, I'm just curious if to know if there is an easier way to have it copy across the entire shipping or billing address without having to set 8 differen't foreign entity types. Cheers.

Comment

You can use formula if you want certain information to be Copy/Paste over. By default if you create an Account with their address filled in. Then if you create the Contact from the Account, the address will automatic copy/paste into the Contact.

Unfortunately by default it only do that.

Using formula you can make it copy other field as well. See my Learning CRM post to find out how to use formula.

In term of Copy Billing Address to Shipping Address, there is a copy from Billing button in the Shipping.

I think you will like Formula.

Comment

• espcrm
            espcrm commented
            Editing a comment
            Perhaps a screenshot of your setup might give me some idea.
        Working...
        X