Dashboard Layout - Change default for all users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashboard Layout - Change default for all users

I know I can adjust the default for when new users log in to the system.

How can I change the default for all existing users and force a new layout for their dashboard.
    We want them to see certain reports that were just created without going from desk to desk or having to training them on how to add it to their dashboard view.

New Dashlets are prohibited for portal users only.
    Reset current user's dashboard admin can in user's profile changing Dashboard Layout or clicking Reset button (will be reset all preferences for this user). No mass action

Comment

• khopper
      khopper commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it! A mass update would be nice though!
      Last edited by khopper; 07-20-2018, 01:44 AM.

Is there a way on the back end of things to possible reset all users dashboard layout?

Comment

https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...rences.php#L74

call for each user

Comment

Why not having a standard TAB on the Dashboard of all users. Like:

DEFAULT DASHBOARD / Customized dashboards....

Comment

There is default dashboard for all users in User Interface Settings, but only new

Comment

Would it be possible to add a button to "reset all user dashboards" with maybe an Exception list of users that we would not want to reset? (next release maybe?)
            On page: http://crm.com/espocrm/#Admin/userInterface
            yuri tanya
            I have over 100+ user accounts that I would need to reset manually by going into each account and clicking "reset dashboard to default" under preferences.... Except for a few users!

Comment

Originally posted by khopper View Post
              Would it be possible to add a button to "reset all user dashboards" with maybe an Exception list of users that we would not want to reset? (next release maybe?)
              On page: http://crm.com/espocrm/#Admin/userInterface
              yuri tanya
              I have over 100+ user accounts that I would need to reset manually by going into each account and clicking "reset dashboard to default" under preferences.... Except for a few users!
              I'm asking them the same.

Actually, could be an option to have a locked dashboard, managed by Admin, and let each user create his own.

Comment

rodrigocoelho - I think we are being Ignored!

Comment

rodrigocoelho - I think we are being Ignored!
                  I guess Tanya in not on EspoCRM team anymore, but yuri never gives a feedback on the first time, but, trust me, he always thinks about it. I already asked for this on other ways. I hope he will think about it. We just have to wait.... And pray...
                  Last edited by rodrigocoelho; 05-21-2019, 08:49 PM.

Comment

rodrigocoelho yuri

​​​​​​​I found a back end way to reset the "USER PREFERANCES" which include the dashboard on the back end for now. If a user is not listed in the table `preferences` they will always see the default dashboard.

The following MySQL Query will show you which one is for which user..... Simply delete any that are not important and it will show the default to everyone not listed in the table `preferences`
                    For now I'm just going to make a script to remove all except for a few accounts.....

Code:
                    SELECT
                    `user`.user_name,
                    preferences.id,
                    preferences.data
                    FROM
                    `user`
                    Inner Join preferences ON `user`.id = preferences.id

Comment

Maybe we could have a better way to set an ADMIN Dashboard as Default.
                      I'm always updating the Admin dashboard, but it is only for ME. I need to update the dashboard on the Administration settings as well, every time.

rodrigocoelho yuri

​​​​​​​I found a back end way to reset the "USER PREFERANCES" which include the dashboard on the back end for now. If a user is not listed in the table `preferences` they will always see the default dashboard.

The following MySQL Query will show you which one is for which user..... Simply delete any that are not important and it will show the default to everyone not listed in the table `preferences`
                      For now I'm just going to make a script to remove all except for a few accounts.....

Code:
                      SELECT
                      `user`.user_name,
                      preferences.id,
                      preferences.data
                      FROM
                      `user`
                      Inner Join preferences ON `user`.id = preferences.id

Comment

Basically a MySQL script like this:

Code:
                        DELETE FROM
                        preferences
                        WHERE id 
                        NOT IN ( "1" , "5b1e83a072fdaba62" , "59d4f93af0f702adc" , "59e7a24a6a3896ce9" ) ;

Comment

Working...
                        X