No announcement yet.

Knowledge base search no longer searches folders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's how full-text works. If you want it to find by a part of the word it won't work. You need to use wildcard.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
      It's how full-text works. If you want it to find by a part of the word it won't work. You need to use wildcard.
      I think what we're saying is that isn't intuitive and most users are not going to understand that. You don't have to type espocrm in google to find espocrm.com. You type espo and it finds what you want. I realize implementing google's algorithm would be incredibly difficult, but searching on full words makes the search difficult to use especially for people who don't understand wildcards. I tried to explain to my users how to use a wildcard and most of them still can't figure it out. When I showed them how to search by field, then things improved, but the behavior is still difficult to understand and the search is less useful than it could be. I often can't find what I'm looking for even when I know it's there unless I search specifically by field, which takes more time and effort than it probably should.

I added 'textFilterContainsMinLength' >= 3 and I still can't find the articles with the partial word 'timeshee' from the previous video. If that's how you expect it to work, then I will make the modification to Base.php and that should get me pretty close.

Comment

Is this how you designed it to behave? See this video.

Comment

I see now that a full text search in the KB article will return the right results. I was expecting that behavior without needing to do a full text search.

Regular search: timesheet
          Results: as expected

Regular search: timeshee*
          Results: not as expected

FT search: ft: timeshee*
          Results: as expected

I will think about this for a while to see if I can figure out how to explain it to my users.

Comment

Regular search: timeshee*
            Results: not as expected

This case I think I can fix. I will look into.

Comment

Here's the fix: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/c...304f11b5fe452f

Comment

I'll give that a try and let you know how it works. Thanks for the update.

Comment

You can override the whole file, there were a few additional fixes since that commit.

Comment

Working...
                  X