Customer Budget Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Budget Control

Well, i got some customers, which allow a specific budget for a specific task. So if i have a Meeting or a Task to do, this would run against the Budget.

How could i accomplish something like:

Budget: $1,000.00
    Meeting 06/24/2024 6 hrs @ hourly rate of $100
    Task 06/25/2024 4 hrs @ hourly rage of $85
    remaining Budget: $60

Something like that.

I created a new entity for project management and i would like to have an overview, if there is any budget left for a specific project.

I assume i need to work with reports and Workflowmanagement, but first of all, would that be achievable and if so, what are the major steps to get there?

Our old projectmanagement system lacks a good crm and it is hard to extend the fields or apply logic. Since they discontinue on prem support and want to move us to cloud instead, which isn't an option for me in the first place.

So, if somebody has an idea, how to solve this, i'd really appreciate.

In my point of view the crm is the best place to centralize those efforts.

Given, that i could create a portal for the client, i could also assign him tasks to do and document the project as well and also let him see, the depletion of the budget, as the project is going on.

What do you think?

Best
    j_m

You can try the following:

- System Opportunity entity will be your project entity.
    - Add your product types to the Product entity: Meeting, Task, which will have their own additional data, price and description.
    - The Opportunity entity already has a relationship with an Account (your customer), or simply with a Contact, which in turn are related to the Meeting and Task entities (not to be confused with the second point, where we use Meeting and Task as product names).
    - Create in Opportunity 2 fields with currency type: generalBudget and unusedBudget (screenshot 1).
    - Add an elementary formula in Administration > Entity Manager > Opportunity > Formula > Before Save Custom Script (screenshot 2):
    Code:
    unusedBudget = generalBudget - amount;
    ​Now you have everything you described. And by entering the General Budget and adding Products in Opportunity Items, you will automatically have a calculation of the remaining funds (screenshot 3).​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by victor; 06-25-2024, 02:07 PM.

Comment

You can create a new base plus entity (Project) and add necessary fields (budget) then using workflow or formula, you can add a field in call/meeting entities called rate (show/make require this field only when parentType == "Project") then using formula when a new meeting/call is created for a given project - once the meeting/call is set then you can calculate the diff between dateStart and dateEnd datetime\diff('dateEnd', 'dateStart', 'hours') * rate
      Rabii
      Web Dev | Freelancer

Comment

That sounds like a plan. Thank you, i'll give it a try, as soon as i got my project entity up and running, because i still see a strange issue.

Comment

Working...
        X