Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Integer field has a maximum limit of 10 digits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integer field has a maximum limit of 10 digits?

I created a new integer field and want to store 12 digits in it. Apparently, it gives me an error if I try to add more than 10 digit number. Can we increase it?
    Also, I haven't set any limit on the field.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	174
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	106919

In your particular case, it is better to use a different field type (for example, Varchar) or you can try the following:

1. In your_instance_name/custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/Your_entity.json find your field​ and under the line
    Code:
    "type": "int",
    add
    Code:
    "dbType": "bigint",
    You should end up with something similar to:

Click image for larger version

Views:	164
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	106930
    2. After saving the changes in the file, make Rebuild via CLI: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...mands/#rebuild.

After these changes, I was able to put "9999999999999".​

Comment

victor Ok, I think its much easier with a varchar field. How can I ensure that this field only accepts 0-9 digits, nothing else?

Comment

mansi.kakkar,

In Administration > Entity Manager > Your_entity_name > Formula > Before Save Custom Script put:
        HTML Code:
        cForumVarch = string\match(cForumVarch, '/^[0-9]*$/');
        Replace cForumVarch​ with the name of your Varchar field.​​

If a value other than 0-9 is put in cForumVarch, it will return null.

Comment

If you set min value to 0, it won't accept negative values, meaning only 0-9 digits will be valid.

Comment

victor Thank you, this formula works. But, if a value other than 0-9 is put in cForumVarch, I would like it to through an error - Invalid. Can we modify this formula?

Comment

probably here: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...hrowbadrequest

Comment

Originally posted by mansi.kakkar View Post
                victor Thank you, this formula works. But, if a value other than 0-9 is put in cForumVarch, I would like it to through an error - Invalid. Can we modify this formula?
                shalmaxb gave a very good idea.

1. Delete the formula suggested above https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...942#post106942 from Administration > Entity Manager > Your_entity_name > Formula > Before Save Custom Script.
                2. Add the formula in Administration > Entity Manager > Your_entity_name > Formula >API Before Save Script.

PHP Code:
                $cForumVarch string\match(cForumVarch'/^[0-9]*$/');

if (
                cForumVarch != $cForumVarch) {
                recordService\throwBadRequest('field "Forum varch" accepts ONLY 0-9 digits');

Last edited by victor; 06-06-2024, 06:53 AM.

Comment

victor Thanks for sharing this formula, but its not working. I have tried the exact formula, but even the alphabets are getting saved now.

Comment

• shalmaxb
                    shalmaxb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think, the last semikolon should not be there.

Possible reasons why it doesn't work for you:
                  - Forum added an extra character at the end of the formula, which you then copied. I already edited it.
                  - You didn't replace my Varchar field with your own.
                  - You are confused Administration > Entity Manager > Your_entity_name > Formula > Before Save Custom Script and Administration > Entity Manager > Your_entity_name > Formula >API Before Save Script.​ For the last option, the formula should be used exactly in API Before Save Script​.

Comment

shalmaxb victor I tried without the semicolon but it didn't work. Also, I just see the Before Save Custom Script in Formula (using version 7.0.9). Click image for larger version

Views:	129
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	107014

Comment

• shalmaxb
                      shalmaxb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      API before save formula only works from version 7.5 and greater

shalmaxb Ah, ok. Is there any other way out for this problem?

Comment

I recommend updating your instance. You will have to update one day, when espoCRM is already in ver 9 or even 10. And THAT will be difficult. From my experience, it is always preferable to update.

Comment

I will update soon, is there a way until then? There are two options:
                        - Use an integer field but it should be able to store 12 digits, currently it stores upto 10 digits. Is there a way to fix that?
                        - Use a varchar field. Can I put some condition to make this field invalid? (It should show invalid if contains alphabets or special characters)

Comment

As already recommended in thread #2, change the field to BIGINT or VARCHAR. To limit the digits to 12 and only numbers, I guess regex would help. Here the AI solution (did not test it):

To create a regular expression that limits a number to exactly 12 digits and allows only numeric characters, you can use the following pattern:

^[0-9]{12}$

Here’s what each part of the regex means:
                          • ^: The match must start at the beginning of the string.
                          • [0-9]: Any character between ‘0’ and ‘9’.
                          • {12}: Exactly 12 occurrences of the preceding character class.
                          • $: The match must end at the end of the string.

This pattern ensures that the input consists of exactly 12 numeric digits. If you need to allow leading zeros, you can modify it accordingly. 😊

For example, the regex would match:

And it would not match:
                          • 1234567890123 (13 digits)
                          • abc123456789 (contains non-numeric characters)
                          • 12345678a901 (contains non-numeric characters)

Feel free to adjust the regex based on your specific requirements12. 🚀

Comment

Working...
                          X